We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colorado Springs ready for summer visitors...

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,698 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Colorado Springs ready for summer visitors...

The Black Forest Fire is now at 30% contained and some evacuation orders have been lifted. A great day for the area.

Despite this fire almost all of the major tourist attractions in the Colorado Springs area are open and ready for your summer vacation. Check this link for information on places to visit! http://ht.ly/m3pgS

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colorado Springs ready for summer visitors...

Great link CasaAzul! Thanks for your support.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,698 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colorado Springs ready for summer visitors...

I have visited Colorado Springs at least 4 times a year for the past 21 years! We lived in Canon City for a few years and visited often.

Let's keep this thread bumped up the next few days! Is there anything your family needs after losing their house?

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colorado Springs ready for summer visitors...

It turned out to be a lovely day in CS today. We were up driving north of Woodmen, and the sky is clear. The rain yesterday afternoon was a god-send. My family will be staying with my folks until the next house is built. Fortunately, my brother in law is a licensed contractor.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,698 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colorado Springs ready for summer visitors...

I am glad to hear the fire is getting contained and the weather is beautiful. We got some rain here in NM as well!

We haven't heard for sure that our family's home is intact, not on any address list (it is one of the original homes/ranches) but from all the maps, they are just outside of the burned area!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,698 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colorado Springs ready for summer visitors...

Bump! Our family house is safe in Black Forest, fire is now 55% contained.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,873 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Colorado Springs ready for summer visitors...

Great and thanks for the info Casa. We will be there in September and looking forward to our trip.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
169 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Colorado Springs ready for summer visitors...

Also heard fire is 55% contained now. So thankful! Beautiful Colorado. Thank you for keeping us updated Casa!

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Colorado Springs ready for summer visitors...

Glad to hear the fire is being contained and that the area got some rain!

I follow the Flying W on Facebook. They were, of course, severely damaged by fire last year and have as yet been unable to reopen. But, they are housing, feeding, and caring for LOTS of evacuated or "lost and found" horses from this fire with the help of many community volunteers and donations of food and supplies. Kudos to the Flying W and the whole community.

9. Re: Colorado Springs ready for summer visitors...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 18, 2014