We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interested in Colorado trip

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waterloo, Iowa
Level Contributor
13 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Interested in Colorado trip

My hubby and I want to take our 2 teens (16 and 19) on a trip to Colorado for a week in August. We will be driving. What are the best things to do? We're thinking Col. Springs, Estes Park, R.M. Nat. Park; those are the places I've already been and enjoyed but beyond there we don't know where else to go. My daughter hates the sharp curves in mountain driving so want to avoid much of that. (I know, that might be impossible!) Also, we'd like to know of 3-4 star hotels in those areas. Thanks for your help!

Edited: 5:10 pm, February 03, 2013
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
153 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Interested in Colorado trip

We absolutely love to do family rafting trips on Arkansas River (just make sure you all wear helmets even if you go with easy level, just in case). You can buy a good package rafting and Royal Gorge Bridge park, you can also add horseback riding to it. Even I live in Colorado, Royal Gorge area is my favorite and I always try to show it to my clients or friends.

12. Re: Interested in Colorado trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 06, 2014