We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

down town Colorado springs

Miami, FL
2 posts
Save Topic
down town Colorado springs

hi - we are planning a trip to colorado springs,and we are trying to figure out where is the best area to stay. is the downtown area mainly business, or is that also the area to stay in, with restaurants, and parks, and things to do with the family? if not - what is the best are to stay in (hotel wise)

thanks for your thoughts.

keren.

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: down town Colorado springs

If you stay downtown, I would suggest the Antler's Hilton. It's very near the restaurant disctrict with many yummy places to eat within walking distance. Downtown CS is pretty small, but there's some cute local boutiques to check out as well. An advantage to being downtown is how close you are to I-25. Proximity to the interstate is key in getting around in CS.

What types of family activities are you looking for?

Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: down town Colorado springs

I'd second the Antler's Hilton, very nice and if you choose that get a room on the west side as it should have great mtn views. Also as other post mentioned, downtown is somewhat small, but nice. Probably about 3 blocks by 4 blocks is main area. It's nice, clean, and safe. Smaller kids would also probably get a kick out of the Uncle Wilber fountian.

Downtown is actually pretty much in dead center of the city, so it is fairly convienent to everything. Some good places downtown for eating are:

Phantom canyon

Il Vicino

Jose Muldoons

Guiseppes