We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is like to live in Monument?What about north Colorado...

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
What is like to live in Monument?What about north Colorado...

What is it like to live in Monument?What about north Colorado Springs?

Westminster...
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What is like to live in Monument?What about north Colorado...

I lived in CO Springs (The Springs) for a year when I was younger and my parents still live on the North end now. It was mostly white, middle-class folks. It's a big military town with the US Air Force Academy on the North end and Ft. Bragg on the South end and many other bases around. That's not to say that you can't live there and rarely never see/deal with military folks. It's also very conservative orientied and the home to 50 or so world religious organizations (and the [stupid] Focus on the Family in the North end). You also need a car to get anywhere, especially on the North end where things are very spaced out. It's under an hour from the North end of the Springs to Denver. Other than I-25, Academy Blvd is the main road and the Woodmen/I-25 exchange is the worst traffic jam in rush hours. They've changed it several times and always seem to be working on it. It's really building up, especially on the East side (Powers).