We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to reaffirm route from Colorado Springs to Loveland.

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Forney Tx
Level Contributor
38 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Want to reaffirm route from Colorado Springs to Loveland.

We are going from Colorado Springs to Loveland and have been told this is the scenic way. I know its longer than going I25 but we dont mind the drive. Can you please tell me if this is right?

Colorado Springs to Woodland Park to Deckers to Blackhawk then to Nederland to Lyons and on to Loveland. About 5 hour drive.

Im hoping this is right. We have never been to Colorado so are looking forward to seeing the scenery. Our hotel is in Loveland and we will drive 2 days back and forth to Estes Park to see RMNP.

Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions we are so excited to leave Texas to visit Colorado.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
9,572 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to reaffirm route from Colorado Springs to Loveland.

Cindy, enter on www.mapquest.com the exact address of your hotel in Loveland which is 1450 Cascade Avenue, Loveland, CO. The reason for this is that your hotel is on the far western side of Loveland and there is no need for you to go by way of the I-25/highway34 interchange.

From your earlier post--

This scenic route which includes part of the the Peak to Peak Scenic Byway (Black Hawk to Nederland) and goes through beautiful Boulder Canyon and Boulder is about 5 hours driving time. There are plenty of places to stop along the way.

After Woodland Park, you could add the side trip to Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument if you wish. That would add about 40 minutes driviing time. www.nps.gov/flfo

The historic towns of Idaho Springs and Georgetown are very short side trips off this route. You will travel through colorful Clear Creek Canyon as well as Boulder Canyon (walk to Boulder Falls) in addition to part of the Peak to Peak Byway as I previously mentioned.

Boulder is the home of University of Colorado. It is a beautiful and unique city. You (and the teen girls) would enjoy the restaurants, shopping and local color of Pearl Street Mall. Consider having dinner in Boulder before going on to Loveland. There are many options. Check reviews here on TA or do a search on the Boulder forum.

New Information - Cindy make sure you go from Deckers to Pine to Conifer and on to Evergreen. This is the way mapquest sends you with the coordinates above. You are avoiding dirt roads. If you have any interest in driving to the top of a 14,000 ft. mountain, the Mount Evans Scenic Byway is also a short detour from Evergreen to Bergen Park to Echo Lake on 103 and up highway 5 to the summit. You would return by way of Idaho Springs and on to Black Hawk. See www.mountevans.com This would add another 1 and1/2 to 2 hours driving time. This drive is a thrill but not for those with fear of mountain driving.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to reaffirm route from Colorado Springs to Loveland.

If you want to do a great hike, outside of Nederland is Brainard Lake (near Ward,CO). It's not that far off your path (4-5mi) and very pretty.

Lyons is a cute little town. If it's lunch time you'll find lots of restaurants along Main St.

You'll want to spend your afternoon in Boulder as it is more happenin' than Loveland. There's great hiking (flatirons), the Pearl St. Mall, and of course just walking around the CU campus.

Edited: 9:52 pm, May 23, 2012
Forney Tx
Level Contributor
38 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to reaffirm route from Colorado Springs to Loveland.

Thanks yes i think we will skip Mt Evans kinda leery of scary mountain driving!!

Forney Tx
Level Contributor
38 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to reaffirm route from Colorado Springs to Loveland.

WE went the way you suggested and I must say completley gorgeous. Beautiful scenery and we really feel we saw alot of Colorado in a short amount of time. Colorado is a beautiful state and we loved every minute of it.

We went home with wonderful memories and hope to return again soon. Thanks so much for the help/

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
9,572 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to reaffirm route from Colorado Springs to Loveland.

Cindy, thank you for reporting back! I am so glad you had a wonderful visit! Ironically, I need to give someone else this route on the forum now. See, you have already helped another person enjoy Colorado.

6. Re: Want to reaffirm route from Colorado Springs to Loveland.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, June 21, 2013