We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Reunion Location/Lodging Suggestions?

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Family Reunion Location/Lodging Suggestions?

Hi. My large family is going to have a reunion in Colorado Springs next year, late spring or summer. We were looking for suggestions on a location that may be an all-inclusive type place. Something that would include lodging, a meeting place and possibly most meals. Does anyone have any suggestions where this may be?

If not, our second thought was a retreat of somekind that may offer these types of services.

Lastly, we thought about vacation rental homes or renting timeshares of somekind. We did this a few years ago in Branson, MO and it was a huge hit. It was nice to have everyone (over 70 people) all in the same location so we could get together and visit 24x7.

Any suggestions that you have would be great! Even if it's something I haven't mentioned. We may not have thought of everything...

Thanks!!

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,568 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Reunion Location/Lodging Suggestions?

Just outside of Colorado Springs is the Glen Eyrie Conference Center. It has an English style castle built by the founder of Colorado Springs, Gen. Palmer. There are lots of room choices from budget to deluxe and the location is convenient to many things in and around Colorado Springs.

colorado
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Reunion Location/Lodging Suggestions?

I think Glen Eyrie would be a great place to try and book your family.

Just down the street about 2 miles is Mr. Biggs Family Fun Center (www.mrbiggsffc.com) they have tons of stuff to do everyday when it rains in the afternoon.

As far as all inclusive goes, "The Glen" Glen Eyrie, is probably your best bet.

I don't know of any vacation rentals but there are some good web sites out there that host rentals and would be the place to check that opportunity out.

Good Luck!