We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

long weekend in Colorado Springs - enough time to enjoy?

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia
Level Contributor
218 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
long weekend in Colorado Springs - enough time to enjoy?

Hello. My husband and I would like to do something special for our 5-year anniversary. With his grad school schedule, we can only plan a long weekend - April 13th thru April 16th. We love NM, AZ, NV, UT, and WY. We have never been to CO but can get an easy, direct flight from Phila.

Possible itinerary: arrive in Denver at 10:30am on Friday. Go to Garden of the Gods. On Saturday, enjoy Cave of the Winds and Manitou Cliff Dwellings. On Sunday, Pikes Peak with cog railway (hoping to be adjusted to altitude by Sunday). Fly out of Denver at 12noon on Monday.

Thinking of staying at Rocky Mountain Lodge and Cabins. Clearly, CO deserves much more than 3 days, but is it worth a long weekend and then considering a longer, Rocky Mountains vacation when time permits?

I am very open to your thoughts on attractions, lodging, and a nice place for an anniversary dinner.

Thanks much!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: long weekend in Colorado Springs - enough time to enjoy?

a positive review with pictures of the brunch at the Broadmoor (pictures included): …blogspot.com/2010/10/review-sunday-brunch-a…

The reviews on TA are mixed some mention not being impressed. If you go please report back your thoughts and post a review yourself of your experience. I still definitely think we'll give it a whirl when we go. I don't mind lines so much, they might speak to the fact it's worth a stop and sometimes you just have to be patient...and with that savor the food when you get it.

12. Re: long weekend in Colorado Springs - enough time to enjoy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:39 am, May 30, 2013