We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Distance to Nightlife

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Garden City, KS
1 post
Save Topic
Walking Distance to Nightlife

My husband and I are planning a trip in early December to Colorado Springs. We would like to be able to check out some local nightlife, have a few drinks, and walk back to our hotel. Does anyone have recommendations for areas to look in or specific hotel recommendations within waking distance of bars and restaurants?

Thank you

Kendra

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Distance to Nightlife

Antler's Hilton is right downtown, where there are many restaurants and bars.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Distance to Nightlife

You didn't state your price range. The Antlers is conveniently located, but affiliated with Hilton (and I think still charges for parking) which is annoying for a COS lodging venue. There are other hotels also near downtown - check Tripadvisor ratings and booking sites for those other options.

As downtown's eating options have morphed for the worse to our taste, and as our favorite downtown bookstore reconfigured itself for the Web (and reduced rents by moving out of downtown), we now find only the brewpub scene remaining in downtown's favor.

So, even more than formerly, we tend to mix our destinations when we visit the Springs, and seek out "value" in our lodging. So we often try to get a good rate on a suite (with breakfast and possibly evening refreshments). These often (though not always) put us closer to the airport (though we drive to COS from another location in Colorado).

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Distance to Nightlife

As Springschick said, Antler's Hilton is an excellent choice for you. You'll find plenty of places to eat and drink downtown. I'd recommend Mackenzie's for martinis, Nosh for tapas and sangria, Phantom Canyon if you're beer drinkers.

If you like Irish pubs, Jack Quinn's has good food and is a fun place to hang out. I also like Sonterra Grill for drinks/apps.

The Antler's has some excellent rates, under $100 and offers assorted government, AAA discounts, etc. I stayed there just a few weeks ago and was pleased with the rate ($84), the service, and the rooms.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking Distance to Nightlife

I just remembered that a boutique hotel was going in downtown. Just a little research brought me to www.wyndham.com/hotels/COSME/main.wnt/ I think it is called The Mining Exchange. The website shows it's up and running, but I really don't know anything about it. The address is 8 S. Nevada, which would be just as good as Antlers.

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking Distance to Nightlife

I don't think they've officially opened yet, have they?

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking Distance to Nightlife

hmmm.....then I guess we'll wait. Should do well, since downtown is lacking in that area! Their website shows photos, so I guess that is what we have to look forward to.

7. Re: Walking Distance to Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 22, 2012