We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for a rehearsal dinner restaurant

Level Contributor
68 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for a rehearsal dinner restaurant

Any suggestions for a nice restaurant for a wedding rehearsal dinner? Other wedding suggestions or tips for the Colorado Springs area?

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,272 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for a rehearsal dinner restaurant

Where is the rehearsal and where will the majority of the guests be staying? What is your per person budget? Plenty of options for restaurants that can accommodate a group, but if you can give us more detailed information, we'll better be able to point you the right direction.

Level Contributor
68 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for a rehearsal dinner restaurant

The wedding details have not been determined yet. Just want to call a few places and start seeing if they are available for the date and what they offer. Budget is not an issue but I am open to all price points and options depending on the type of event we end up deciding on.

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,272 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for a rehearsal dinner restaurant

Anywhere at the Broadmoor would be lovely, but pricey. If cost isn't an issue, let them do a rehearsal dinner for you - either in one of their restaurants or in a private room. Cheyenne Mountain Resort would also be great. My favorite restaurant in town is probably Blue Star, and they rent their wine cellar for a small group - depends on many people you're talking. They can do larger groups, just not in the cellar.

If you want casual, look at Phantom Canyon downtown. Nosh also has a nice private room and excellent food.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
153 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for a rehearsal dinner restaurant

I'd go to Marigold.

Colorado
Level Contributor
444 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for a rehearsal dinner restaurant

If you are open to all price points, check out Garden of The Gods club for the wedding, r reception or rehearsal dinner.

The catch is you can only go there in "off season" if you are not a member, so Memorial Day thru Labor Day is out. (At least that was the policy many years ago.. it may have changed owners since they so I won't guarantee that's still the policy).

I am of course biased (my reception was there) but I don't think there is a nicer place in the city. (Broadmoor is of course a very competitive second, but the views of the Garden from that place are unbeatable).

As for rehearsal dinners, Marigolds is nice though I'm not sure how many they can seat. Blue star is also great.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for a rehearsal dinner restaurant

Also take a look at the Cliff House in Manitou Springs, and at the Mozaic in the Inn at Palmer Divide. Both places have websites and also guest rooms.

Mozaic is north of town, about 5 miles northwest of Monument. The Cliff house is in the center of Manitou Springs. .

Manitou Springs...
Level Contributor
235 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for a rehearsal dinner restaurant

A new place downtown that opened about 6 months ago is Springs/Orleans. Old building restored with original wood ceilings, walls, etc. The building next door is also being restored which I think will be called the Wyndham Grand (only 8 Grands in the U.S.). The owner had set an opening date of July 2011 for the hotel but it seems he missed his target date. You would need to call Springs/Orleans for updated information.

The Broadmoor is an excellent choice if money is no problem, a 5 star, 5 diamond hotel with world class golfing if you have a golfer on your list. I prefer the Cliff House for dinner and lodging because it is in downtown Manitou Springs, nestled right up against the mountains and within walking distance to the entire shopping district with plenty of fun things to do and see only a walk away.

8. Re: Recommendations for a rehearsal dinner restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 08, 2012