Itinerary help with vacation to Colorado for 10 days with my husband and 17 year old son
We are flying in to Denver from Virginia on July 8th, arrival time 8am, will pick up a rental car from the air port. We are leaving from DIA around 7pm on Sunday July 17th. My 17 year old gets bored really fast so we want to do some activates besides hiking and sightseeing. Any addition, advice or changes to this itinery will be greatly appreciated
I would appreciate help with directions and what to avoid (road that are too challenging) I have not made any hotel reservation yet so I am starting to panic a little, Help!!
(Any suggestion will be appreciated)
Please let me know if this is too much for a 10 day trip as I tend to over schedule!
I don’t want it to be a fun vacation not an exhausting one.
• July 8: Pick up car and drive to Rocky Mountitan Notational park, should we stop and get lunch or there are restaurants in the park? Can we squeeze in seeing the Peak to peak scenic HWY or should we leave it for another day?
• July 9: Stay in Estes Park, Cow poke corner corral? Afternoon drive to Vail
• July 10: Vail, any suggestion on places to see, eat in and activities? Afternoon drive to Aspen
• July 11: Aspen help with activities and site seeing. Afternoon drive to Ouray
• July 12-13: Ouray and Telluride, but where is better for overnight stay? What to do? Afternoon drive to Durango
• July 14: Durango, what to do?
• July 15: Drive to Pagosa Springs, and Great Sun Dunes NP, evening drive toward Colorado Springs
• July 16: Colorado Springs : Royal Gorge in the morning and Garden of Gods in the afternoon
• July 17: we either can do something until noon in Colorado springs and then drive back to Denver for our departure or leave Colorado Springs first thing in the morning and see Denver for a half day?