We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay Denver/Colorado Springs Area

Iowa
5 posts
Save Topic
Place to stay Denver/Colorado Springs Area

I am trying to decide between the Holiday Inn Select in Parker or the Staybridge in Colorado Springs. Any ideas? Family of 4. Any other suggestions for a "base camp" during a week long stay would be great.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay Denver/Colorado Springs Area

Hi there : ) I just booked several rooms for a long weekend basketball tournament in South Denver and we had a fabulous experience, unlike the one we had a week before in the Springs.

I booked 3 rooms at The Embassy Suites Tech Center location and we were very impressed! My family always tries to seek out the Embassy Suites when we're out of town because we find great value in the rates which a complimentary 2 hour cocktail reception each evening (includes cocktails/soft drinks/and a nice snack lay out) and a wonderful hot/cold breakfast buffet which includes a hot cooked to order area. Again, these are included in the room rate which is very reasonable for this hotel!

The hotel is going through a renovation which I heard is nearly complete so ask for a new room and you will be very pleasantly surprised with the beautiful updated and classy decor! Each suite has a separate sleeping area with a nice big TV and armoir, and the living area is very nicely appointed with a nice desk/leather chair, sofa sleeper, TV,mini fridge and a big "pottery barn" style table and chairs. Very nice! (Again, ask for a new room!)

The general areas of the hotel are very nice and inviting and the pool is pretty nice with a jacuzzi. We got rates of $89 the two nights we stayed and with all the food/beverage inclusions it makes it well worth the money!

This hotel is just off of I-25 and Arapahoe which makes it very easy to jump back on the freeway to get to Parker or head towards the beautiful (huge) Park Meadows Mall/restaraunt area and onto Colorado Springs!

I know a few of the families stayed at the Holiday Inn and The Marriott in Parker and they couldn't believe the rates we got and wished they'd known about Embassy Suites with the cocktail reception and breakfast buffet....trust me, it is awesome especially with kids that need to eat more often!

Hope this helps! You can look up the Embassy Suites Tech Center in Denver here on Trip Advisor for more details. Feel free to email me at NchantedMoments@aol.com with any questions!

Cris

ROCKY MTN HIGH
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay Denver/Colorado Springs Area

Depends on where you will spend most of your time. Both of these cities are on the South end Denver, Parker being a lot smaller but very nice, quaint. a beautiful town, with enough shopping (no mall yet)- while Co Springs is Large with a LOT of things to do. I think both hotels are equally nice although the Holiday Inn in Parker will be newer. Parker will also be in the middle of your driving path- between Denver & Co Springs- so it would be a close in, nice quiet place to stay, not a whole lot for the kids (if you have them). Co Springs has so much to do you will spend days just doing it all-and still not finish. It just depends on what you want to do while here, and don;t forget to check out the many street festivals that go on during the summer. Parker days should be comming up pretty soon.

have a great trip!