We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheyenne Mountain

Carolina
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Cheyenne Mountain

I was busy trying to figure out my itinerary for my upcoming trip to Colorado. Hopping from one website to another looking for things to do, I noticed that the real life Cheyenne Mountain (NORAD) that they always show on one of my favorite TV shows (Stargate SG-1) is located there.

Does anyone know if it is possible to photograph the tunnel entrance? Seems like it'd be a cool picture to show my friends that watch the show. Also, do they offer tours by any chance? I figure they might offer tours since folks would probably be interested just like they are with the Air Force Academy. Thanks. :)

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheyenne Mountain

They used to offer tours, but to my knowledge that stopped at the beginning of this century. There is contract info on this site.

https:/…cmocindex.html

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheyenne Mountain

They do offer tours, but usually only those who already have an "in" at the base. They are in the process of decomissioning it but at last visit (2005) you won't be able to make it past the check station down the road from the front entrance.

3. Re: Cheyenne Mountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 08, 2009