We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening Entertainment in Colorado Springs??

Which Colorado Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
4 posts
Save Topic
Evening Entertainment in Colorado Springs??

Hi, My wife are visiting Colorado from the UK and we will be in Colorado Springs on Friday 14th Septemeber, which happens to be our 39th Wedding Aniversary. I am trying to find something a bit "special" to surprise her for the evening. The flying W ranch looks a lot of fun. Are there any other evening entertainment type venues?? Theatres, Diner/show, cabaret/diner. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening Entertainment in Colorado Springs??

The Springs is just not known for a vibrant night life like many larger cities but we do have several very good romantic restaurants in Colorado Springs or Manitou Springs, a little enclave right next to Colorado Springs. Not only do these restaurants have great food they have very romantic atmospheres in unique historical settings.

Checkout their web sites. In no certain order:

The Mona Lisa (www.monalisafondue.com)

Briarhurst Manor ( www.coloradoeats.com/briarhurst/default.htm)

The Cliff House ( www.thecliffhouse.com)

The Craftwood Inn (www.craftwood.com)

I don't think you could go wrong with any of these restaurants they are all highly regarded.

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening Entertainment in Colorado Springs??

I would skip Flying W unless your idea of romantic is a western chuckwagon dinner surrounded by kiddos, sitting at picnic tables.

The suggestions above are great ones for dinner. Our favorite out of that list is Mona Lisa - it's a very very fun experience. C/S is nightlife and entertainment challenged. The best best for finding decent entertainment would be to make dinner plans and then once the date gets closer (the week of) look in the local paper for entertainment going on that weekend. One place I might suggest is Nosh at the FAC Modern. It's located downtown and has live music and drinks. It's adjacent to the FAC Modern art gallery which has a Frida Kahlo exhibit going on until the end of September. For more info check it out here: http://www.nosh121.com/ and www.csfineartscenter.org/exhibitions.asp. This could be a great before dinner activity.

Another fun and more unusual idea would be to do the "Dinner and a Movie" on tha patio at the Margarita at Pine Creek. It's fine dining with a Mexican Flair. And it looks like they are showing a movie on the night you're loking for. This got rave reviews last summer when they debuted it. www.coloradoeats.com/margarita/home.html

You could also dine at the Broadmoor and visit the Penrose Room for live music after dinner - I'd call the Broadmoor for more information about this.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else!

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening Entertainment in Colorado Springs??

Also, check out peakradar.com for more information about upcoming events (arts/theater/music/dance/etc.).

4. Re: Evening Entertainment in Colorado Springs??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 am, September 07, 2009