We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a restaurant at the top of Pikes Peak?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a restaurant at the top of Pikes Peak?

I believe I heard there was, but just want to make sure! Also, any amazing places to eat near the base or close by?

Colorado
Level Contributor
321 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a restaurant at the top of Pikes Peak?

I think I recall my parents saying that they had a donut at the top of Pikes Peak (they are from out of state and did the cog railroad a couple years ago). My dad said it was the best donut he ever had, but he was coming from sea level and the altitute may have been fiddling with his brain. However, there must be something akin to a restaurant up there!! LOL

google: cog railroad + pikes peak

I bet you can find out if you try that.

conn
Level Contributor
2,886 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a restaurant at the top of Pikes Peak?

yes there is a snack bar kind of place at the top

Colorado Western...
Destination Expert
for Ouray, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Montrose
Level Contributor
653 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a restaurant at the top of Pikes Peak?

Yes, the donuts at the store at the top of Pikes Peak are incredible, and I usually don't eat donuts. They are just plain (no icing) cake donuts, but they are served warm right out of the cooker. They're terrible for you, but they taste wonderful.

You can also purchase a "hit" of oxygen (no kidding), and more souveniers than you can shake a stick at in the shop on top.

Back in Manitou Springs, Savelli's Restaurant on Manitou Ave., about 2 blocks from the highway serves excellent pizza and spaghetti, with some of the best meatballs I've ever tasted (and my parents owned an Italian restaurant that specialized in pizza and meatballs, so I'm pretty picky).

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a restaurant at the top of Pikes Peak?

The summit house has the donuts (as you've read about above) and other various types of snacks and foods you can purchase. Other than the donuts, none of the food is anything to write home about. The donuts as "famous" because they supposedly can only be cooked at that evelation.

If you're looking for a good meal, I suggest Wines of Colorado at the base of the Pikes Peak Highway, very good food and fun wine tasting.

5. Re: Is there a restaurant at the top of Pikes Peak?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 04, 2009