We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Colorado Springs have any 50's type motels?

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Does Colorado Springs have any 50's type motels?

I'm looking for classic old style motels from the 50s. Many cities still have these, often in varying states of disrepair, along a major road (often a road that's not used much anymore). Can anyone direct me to this area in Colorado Springs? I'm not looking to stay in these motels, just take photos. Thanks.

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does Colorado Springs have any 50's type motels?

Plenty of the old 50's motor lodges exist on Colorado Avenue/Manitou Avenue in Manitou Springs. Some still look pretty good, some are looking pretty worn.

jjjjjj9
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Colorado Springs have any 50's type motels?

Try off of Nevada Ave.

Greenville, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does Colorado Springs have any 50's type motels?

My sister and her husband, who like to stay at nice hotels, stayed at the Rainbow Inn and Lodge, and they liked it. They had a room or cabin overlooking the pool. It's also close to the entrance to Garden of the Gods, and is on the road between Old Colorado City, which is a great place with shops and restaurants and downtown Manitou Springs, the first little town in the mountains, also with great shops and restaurants. Here's their website. http://www.rainbowlodge-inn.com/

There are a lot of 50s places on that road, which you can find by google searching "manitou springs motel"

Manitou Springs...
Level Contributor
235 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does Colorado Springs have any 50's type motels?

Historical Manitou Springs has some great hotels for picture taking from back in that era and earlier.

The oldest hotel (built in the late 1800's)is the Cliff House. Former guests of the Cliff House are Theodore Roosevelt; Ferdinand, Crown Prince of Austria; William Henry Jackson; Charles Dickens Jr.; P.T. Barnum; Thomas Edison; Clark Gable; F. W. Woolworth; and, J. Paul Getty. Check out the history section of the website. This one may be too old or renovated for your picture since it is now a 5 star.

Nevada Ave going south from downtown also has several old hotels from the 50's.

5. Re: Does Colorado Springs have any 50's type motels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 20, 2009