We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get from Colorado Springs to Buena Vista or Canon C

London
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
How do I get from Colorado Springs to Buena Vista or Canon C

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is public transportation (e.g bus)between Colorado Springs and Buena Vista or Canon City?

I want to join a white water rafting trip and I won't have a car and I'm a bit stuck to find the info online.

Thanks!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,560 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get from Colorado Springs to Buena Vista or Canon C

You may want to check with Adventures out west, (adventuresoutwest.com) I think they might have a trip that picks up in Colo Springs and drives you to rafting. I don't know what all they do, but on the Broadmoor Hotel website, they said this company does raft trips from their hotel. They also have an office in Colo Springs

Hope this helps some.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get from Colorado Springs to Buena Vista or Canon C

Unfortunately, there is no public transportation between those locations. Here is a link from a company that does shuttles between Colorado Springs Airport and Buena Vista but they would appear to be charters as opposed to a regular schedule. You'd need to email them for rates as they don't have them published on their site

http://www.chealseyscharters.com/

Another not very attractive option is to take a Gray Lines Tours trip up to the Royal Gorge the day before, get off th tour early and spend the night in Canyon City. Expensive and awkward at best

Perhaps the whitewater outfitter you are using has suggestions?

London
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get from Colorado Springs to Buena Vista or Canon C

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I'm going to try that tour place in Colorado Springs itself. I'm not tied to any one company yet, I was still trying to see if I could get to the start of the tour before booking anything.

Thanks again :)

4. Re: How do I get from Colorado Springs to Buena Vista or Canon C

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 03, 2009