We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Gorge Rafting

STL
Level Contributor
314 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Gorge Rafting

Good morning. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good rafting company for the Royal Gorge? I had checked out a few but wanted to see if anyone had previous experience. We are a group of three or four teenagers and 4 adults. Probably would want to leave from Canon City as we will be in Colorado Springs for the State Games of America and don't want to have to travel too far.

Thanks!

Colorado
Level Contributor
534 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Gorge Rafting

I've rafted with Arkansas River Tours and was very happy with the equipment, level of service, and our overall trip. I'd recommend them for sure!

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
648 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Gorge Rafting

I've gone with RaftMasters, Echo Canyon, and Royal Gorge Raft Co.

All 3 are good, but I like Royal Gorge Raft the best-they send a safety kayak with every raft in case some one falls out of the raft. They are the only company that does that,which is good because at least one person every season dies rafting the Arkansas River from falling out of the raft. This company also takes about a hundred pictures while you're rafting and then when you are done, they play a slideshow of all the pictures on a big screen in their bar/restaurant. You can buy the slideshow on DVD if you want to. I thought that was really cool! Most of their trips are through the Gorge,which is really fun!

Here's their website: www.RoyalGorgeRaft.com

STL
Level Contributor
314 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Gorge Rafting

That sounds great----thanks for all the information!!!

4. Re: Royal Gorge Rafting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 31, 2009