We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colorado for 4 days.

Rotterdam, The...
8 posts
Save Topic
Colorado for 4 days.

Hi,

In mid March I am going for a business trip in Denver. It is my fisrt day in US so I arranged to stay 4 additional days, rent a car and drive around. Can you please give 1-2 tips, what I should not miss. I wouldn't mind to drive to a different state if you think its worth it. Should I book a hostel in Denver and make day trips or it is better to stay to the places am going to visit.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Tasos

5 replies to this topic
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
9,350 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colorado for 4 days.

Spend 2 days in Estes Park and 2 days in Colorado Springs. Estes Park is an hour and a half to two hours northwest of Denver and Colorado Springs is an hour and a half south of Denver. Estes Park is adjacent to Rocky Mountain National Park. Over 3 million people visit Rocky Mountain National Park each year. See www.nps.gov/romo the park website. Consider a snowshoe hike or a regular hike in the park. Drive the Peak to Peak scenic byway to get from Denver to Estes Park. It is off season for Estes Park and you will get good deals on lodging. See the many reviews here on Trip Advisor.

In Colorado Springs, ride the Pikes Peak Cog Railway. www.cograilway.com/ Check the schedule as they do not always run midweek in March. Visit Garden of the Gods. Be aware that March is the snowiest month for these areas but the roads are plowed and maintained. Do a day trip to Boulder from Estes Park or Denver. It is a unique urban city with lots of shopping and restaurants.

Rotterdam, The...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Colorado for 4 days.

Many thanks for your tips

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colorado for 4 days.

Check out our 4 days trip in Colorado : …blogspot.com/2011/08/around-colorado-in-4-d…

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colorado for 4 days.

My goodess redBerry, you covered a lot of territory in a short time...we'd normally recommend at least a week and preferably two weeks to cover that amount of mileage and have time to explore.

But even if Tagrian wanted to attempt that itinerary, please consider that redBerry's trip was in the summer and evidently did some night driving. March is still winter time and the roads, while plowed and maintained, will probably have some snowy or icy spots and will require slower speeds and careful attention.

I agree with fv's suggestion.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,683 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colorado for 4 days.

With 4 days in Colorado in the winter - 1 or 2 nights in Estes Park and 2 days in the Denver/Boulder/Colorado Springs areas. (depends on what you like to do and the weather).

There is nothing to see close by in the adjoining states, so just focus on CO.

Reply to: Colorado for 4 days.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Colorado City