We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vista verde ranch versus c lazy u

florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
vista verde ranch versus c lazy u

Trying to decide between vista verde ranch and c lazy u for 5 nights during holidays in december. my wife and our three children, horse riders but novice skiers. Vista verde looks nicer on their website, better cabins, but a little more difficult to get to, either longer car ride or connecting to steamboat. any thoughts?

4 replies to this topic
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,633 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vista verde ranch versus c lazy u

I haven't stayed at either, but both look great and get great reviews. Vista Verde looks like they have more in the way of horse activities in the winter, although it appears C Lazy U does have some. Both seem to offer quite a variety of winter activities. It would be a tough choice.

Where would you rather ski? Steamboat or SolVista/Winter Park? I think, if I could, I would rather fly in to Steamboat/Hayden.

Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vista verde ranch versus c lazy u

Both are great ranches, but of course we are biased! Just so you know, there are direct flights right into the Steamboat/Hayden airport in the winter months, and Vista Verde will pick you up and bring you to the ranch at no charge.

Edited: 8:44 am, June 17, 2016
Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
11,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vista verde ranch versus c lazy u

@ wranch. This post is from 2011 (surprised that it is still open!).

Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vista verde ranch versus c lazy u

How funny, I didn't even notice it as it had popped up on my alerts as a new message! :)

Reply to: vista verde ranch versus c lazy u
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Clark
More Clark Topics