We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast Restaurant Near Royal Gorge Railroad?

Which Canon City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast Restaurant Near Royal Gorge Railroad?

We are thinking about taking the first departure (9:30 a.m.) of the Royal Gorge Train. I'd like to have breakfast before taking the trip. Does anyone know of good place to have good breakfast (meaning, bacon and eggs, not something light) that is close to the departure point for train? Thanks.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,698 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast Restaurant Near Royal Gorge Railroad?

The only place I can remember is the Waffle House which is just down the road from the train. There may be some places on Main Street, and there used to be a restaurant at the train station, but that was a while ago.

Have fun.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,698 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast Restaurant Near Royal Gorge Railroad?

I meant to type Waffle Wagon. Not house!

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
621 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast Restaurant Near Royal Gorge Railroad?

I second the Waffle Wagon! They only accept cash though and it's small so be prepared for a wait if you're there on a weekend, but worth it!

lone star state
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast Restaurant Near Royal Gorge Railroad?

I'm sure you've already been, but for anyone else we also did the 9:30 train and the Big Daddy Diner has breakfast specials for around $4 , not bad since the train cost a fortune.

5. Re: Breakfast Restaurant Near Royal Gorge Railroad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, September 05, 2009