We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to Breck, couple of questions

hartsville, sc
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Topic
1st time to Breck, couple of questions

Flying in to Denver on a Friday afternoon, how bad will traffic be getting from airport to Breckenridge. Have not booked a shuttle yet but planning on taking a shuttle. Also, it will just be two of us, have not decided on lodging, looking at several condos rented thru VRBO. We want to be ski in/out and close to town, restaurants, etc. Any other advice?

1. Re: 1st time to Breck, couple of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:54 pm, January 30, 2007
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
648 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to Breck, couple of questions

Depending on when you land and leave the airport,it could take a while to get through Denver on I-70. If you don't hit traffic,it will take you 2ish hours.|f you do hit traffic,it could take you 3 hours or so.

I highly reccommend VRBO,i've had great experience with them.There are plenty of ski in/out condos that are great spots and you can get a wonderful price through VRBO.com. If you do ski in/out you'll still probably need to take the shuttle or drive to some restaurants unless you're really into walking because some ski in/out condos are pretty far up the mountain.So if you want to be closer to town,try to stay at the bottom of Peak 9.

As far as restaurants go....I love Fatty's,they have the best pizza and italian food! Also Downstairs at Eric's is a great spot with really good food and a fun atmosphere. Have fun!

Keystone, CO
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to Breck, couple of questions

Friday afternoon to evening is usually a nightmare heading to the mountains, so be prepared. If there is even a little bit of weather, it will be worse...

I like Rebecki's suggestions for food. Also, I would add Kenosha Grill. They have a great menu.

4. Re: 1st time to Breck, couple of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 19, 2009