We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold Camp - December 14 - Ski levels ? Lift Lines

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville Beach...
Level Contributor
22 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Gold Camp - December 14 - Ski levels ? Lift Lines

We are looking at a trip to Breck for Dec 14-19, with a stay at the Gold Camp.

Any Comments on the Gold Camp Condos? We will have a 2 Bedroom with a couple and a 2 singles

Weather during this period? - Any historical records or personal observations? There is 2006-07 Chevrolet U.S. Snowboard Grand Prix that week and will it interfere?

Ski Levels - I've read that Breck has made blues into blacks and so on to make the skiing easier. As a skier who does easy to moderate blacks, any suggestions?

I've heard that the lift lines can be bad?

Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gold Camp - December 14 - Ski levels ? Lift Lines

Lift lines shouldn't be to bad, only weekend would really have a chance of being bad, even then it's still early enough to not be packed.

Snow conditions should be decent, currently in a pretty decent trend for good early conditions (hopefully I dont jinx us :-) )

Peak 10 and peak 8 are likely where you'd want to ski, Peak 10 lift is rarely crowded, even on weekends, and has good blue/blueblack/black mix.

Peak 8 area is nice, chair 6 (I think) has some good blacks.

I'd also recommend a day or two at Copper Mountain. The Super Bee side has some great skiing.

Breckenridge, CO
Level Contributor
689 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gold Camp - December 14 - Ski levels ? Lift Lines

Gold Camp is about a quarter of a mile from the base of Peak 8, and about a mile up from town. It is an older complex of higher density. It is a very short bus ride up to Peak 8. You are also very close to the Breck Nordic Center.

We had a great December last year, lots of powder. Weather is unpredictable, but snowmaking will take over if needed. The Grand Prix shouldn't interfere and will actually be fun to see, and hear. Breck is a huge area.

I didn't know about blues turning into blacks! Never heard that before. There are lots of black on Peak 8. Six Chair has some blacks that are even groomed every night. Imperial Bowl is a moderate black unless bumped out, or in the clouds. Try taking the T-Bar up and skiing Pika.

Have fun and please post a trip report when you get back and share your experiences with us.

Jacksonville Beach...
Level Contributor
22 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gold Camp - December 14 - Ski levels ? Lift Lines

We found a deal on snow.com at The Trails End condo instead of Gold Camp.

Breckenridge, CO
Level Contributor
689 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gold Camp - December 14 - Ski levels ? Lift Lines

I think you made a good choice. Trails End is closer to town and the lifts of Peak 9. You will be able to walk to shops and restaurants.

5. Re: Gold Camp - December 14 - Ski levels ? Lift Lines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 18, 2009