We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vail & Breckenridge Area in Early October

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sioux Falls, SD
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Vail & Breckenridge Area in Early October

My husband and I will be driving to Colorado the first week in October. We will be visiting a friend who is a patient at Craig Hospital on the weekend and want to see some of Colorado's beautiful scenery around the Vail and Breckenridge areas during the week. We would love some suggestions on what to take in, where to stay (we'd love to stay somewhere upscale with great deals!), and good dining. Thanks so much for your suggestions and help!

Breckenridge, CO
Level Contributor
668 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vail & Breckenridge Area in Early October

I would suggest you search this forum and read as many of the posts as you can. There are lots of recent discussions on lodging and dining. You are coming during the off season, so lodging rates will be as low as can be, and restaurants will be offering 2 for 1 deals on dinners. Also, remember that October weather is variable, so plan accordingly. If you are driving up from Denver, you might want to spend a couple of nights in Breckenridge, then in Vail. I would also suggest you drive over to Glenwood Springs spend a night there at the Hot Springs and enjoy the pool. You could also then drive down to Aspen for lunch or spend the night before coming back.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vail & Breckenridge Area in Early October

A couple of options for you. One is to go up to Estes Park for the night and see Rocky Mountain National Park. Get there via Black Hawk and route 72, a pretty scenic highway. Another option is to head out on I-70, stopping in Georgetown for a coffee or snack, and overnight in Breckenridge as the earlier post says, or perhaps in nearby Frisco or Dillon for cheaper (motel) accomodations. Return by going over Hoosier Pass down into Fairplay and back to Denver on 285.

Glenwood Springs, and Aspen, are worthwhile visits, but might be a bit far if you are pressed for time.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vail & Breckenridge Area in Early October

Upscale in Vail http://www.sonnenalp.com dining try Sweet Basils

4. Re: Vail & Breckenridge Area in Early October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge