We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions for 5 nt in ThxGiving wk

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
152 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Questions for 5 nt in ThxGiving wk

Fly to Den on 11/23 and fly out on 11/28, plan to ski 4 days, (2 day in BR and 2 day in Keystone?)

Will rent a car. Looking for a 1bd rm condo -- only 3 of us.

I'm a proficient beginner. ( skied all greens and some easy blues in Dear Valley, ParkCity, Alta, Brighton, Solitute).

My 10 yr old can ski all blues and some black. But he is a beginner boarder, just started in the March.

My hubby neither ski nor board :(

Past 5 yrs, we only skied during March, spring break time. Warm and lots of snows.

1. This will be our 1st time try ski in Nov, kind of worry about the snow condition and temperature. How's the snow condition on the greens and how cold could get in ThxGiving wk?

2. would like condo access to a pool and hot tub and a parking space.

3. easy\short walk to lift and on bus route between keystone and BR.

4. Should we stay in KS or BR? Which area of KS\BR?

Thanks

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,604 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions for 5 nt in ThxGiving wk

Conditions on the green runs should be great. I skied at Keystone today the runs were skiing lovely.

At Keystone a pool, hottub and parking space are easy to come by.

Hard to be "on the shuttle route" between the 2 and honestly at this time of year I'd not really go back and forth. What is the budget for lodging? Me I'd have bought the A-basin 4 pack and stay in Keystone. That ends today, I will send you a PM in hopes you get it in time.

More infor on this thread on that

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33388-i253-k69705…

If you want more of a stroll, shop, atmosphere then Breck, If you have a car then Breck too you can easily drive over to Keystone for skiing. No car then Keystone, the free shuttle is easy and frequent.

http://tinyurl.com/om5ltzd might give you an idea of prices. You maybe surprised at how affordable lodging is at this time of year.

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions for 5 nt in ThxGiving wk

Keystone and Breck are only 12 miles from each other. You can easily stay at one Resort and travel between the two. Peak 8 will be open in Breckenridge and Peak 9 might be open right before Thanksgiving. I would suggest staying at Mountain Thunder Lodge in Breckenridge. It is a fantastic location-one block to Main street and across the road to the gondola up to Peak 8. There is a pool and hot tubs onsite. As long as you buy your lift tickets 7 days prior to your arrival you can get a deal on a 4 out of 6 day lift pass. Also, look at purchasing your lodging and lifts together and you might get a better deal. The lift tickets will be good at Breck, Keystone, A Basin, Vail and Beaver Creek. Since you will have a car, you can easily get to all the ski areas.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,673 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions for 5 nt in ThxGiving wk

Parking at Keystone is free, so I'd stay in Breck (we like the Village at Breckenridge's location) and drive to Keystone. They even have wagons for toting skis and gear.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
152 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions for 5 nt in ThxGiving wk

Thanks You all for the reply. We end up booked a 2bd rm condo in Ski Hill. Missing the pool for

my 10 yr old :( but with a lots of room for the hubby. He likes space.

When we drive to Keystone, which parking lot should we go to?

BR only has Peak 8 open now, Keystone should only have very limited lift\run open suppose.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions for 5 nt in ThxGiving wk

If you need a pool fix, head over to the Breckenridge Recreation Center. Call for costs. Daily pass I believe is $10/pp but they do have a punch pass that might make it slightly cheaper if you go over a few times.

Keystone parking- there is only 1 real place to park. It is off of Gondola Rd (least that is what www.mapquest.com calls it). Put in Ida Belle Drive, keystone, CO and Gondola Rd is shown above it. Gondola rd will not pull on a mapquest.com search.

There might also be a free shuttle that goes directly to Keystone. Across the street in Breck where the gondola base is, you will see a lot of buses. One of them (might) run directly from there to Keystone.

Start with www.summitstage.com (or call them) to ask if this is running and when. Believe it is typically called the Swan Mtn. Flyer or the KAB express...or just ask if they know if the bus is running directly from Breck to Keystone.

Matt

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,604 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions for 5 nt in ThxGiving wk

There are a number of parking lots. The free lot at River Run is Montezuma. If I was driving over I'd park at the free lot at Mountain House, much less busy, plus shorter lift lines! That is the Pika lot.

BTW it is no longer called Gondola Rd it is now EAST Keystone rd. ( for some reason Keystone likes to change the names of things ) Look for EAST Keystone Rd as you will pass Keystone road on the way in. To get to the Pika lot turn right on East Keystone road keep going over the river towards the Medical Center the Pika lot will be on your right. The lot on the left cost 20.00. I always shake my head at the people that pay the 20 for a lot that is literally across the street. There is another pay lot on the west side of mountain house too.

There is also a couple of pay lots at River Run too. Plus another free lot at Tenderfoot

Lots of parking at Keystone!

Yes the Swan Mountain Flyer runs between Breck to Keystone then to A-Basin. Not sure where you get it in Breck but it drops you very close to the lifts at Keystone.

Edited: 10:04 am, November 14, 2013
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
152 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions for 5 nt in ThxGiving wk

Thx 4 the direction.

I just check the Keystone map, looks like we should park at the free lot on River Run Rd.

Since the lift on River Run will be much more faster\warmer than Mountain House. Nov ski is so much colder than March ski. Is the lift line in River Run a lot longer than llift in Mountain House usually?

My son and I boutht 4 day tix, so we should be able to use it Vail for a day . Vail is not open till 11/27, so if no storm on 11/27, we'd love to try 1 day at Vail too. Where should we park at Vail?

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions for 5 nt in ThxGiving wk

Village or Lionshead area.

http://www.vailgov.com/subpage.asp?dept_id=46

Valet parking at Golden Peak.

http://www.slopesidevalet.com/

9. Re: Questions for 5 nt in ThxGiving wk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 17, 2014