We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer with kids

arkansas
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
Summer with kids

Hi. Can anyone recommend condo lodging for early August with a pool. Is close to town the right answer? We have two girls 7 and 10. We are looking at around $150 per nite. Also is rafting still flowing that time of year and if so any recommendations for trips that fit kids my girls ages? Any short hikes close by say 1 or 2 miles? Any 13ers that are close for the dad to climb? Also any other activities for the girls close by? Thanks!

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer with kids

-Main Street Station

-Mountain Thunder Lodge

-Trailsend (You might get a two bedroom condo at that price-pool is across the street)

-Powderhorn-pool is across the road

Rafting: Yes, it should still be going early August. The Browns Canyon is a great trip out of Buena Vista. There are several companies that run it. The water is lower by August, so it will be a great trip for the both the girls.

Hikes: Drive up Boreas Pass Rd to the parking area. There are several hikes from there. I would suggest stopping by the welcome center and pick up a map.

The closest 14er is Quandary. Make sure he starts by 6am, so he can be back down before the afternoon showers hit.

Have Fun!!!

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer with kids

Pool- plenty of options although not sure of price

Columbine Pool- Miners Candle, Lances West, SnowDrop, Snodallion, The Lift, Mother Lode, Inner Circle, Mountain Wood and probably a few other I can't remember

Upper Village Pool- Trails End, Cimmaron, Park Place (??, check), Pine Ridge.. again, few other that I can't remember

Matt

3. Re: Summer with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge