We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peak 8 ski-ability??? Goldrunner question???

Sturgis, Michigan
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Peak 8 ski-ability??? Goldrunner question???

We are here and loving it! This morning was our first morning on the slopes. We're staying at the village and the Quicksilver is right here for us. We spent the morning on green runs off of that lift and have done them all. Looks like there are some good green runs over on 8, but if we take the SuperConnect from here, we have to ski down some blue first on either the Four O'Clock or Springmeier runs. Those are both "slow zones". We think I can ski them (I am the least brave and really am just not comfy on steep runs but with a mean snowplow and some side to side attempts at parallel skiing, I can get down them - on greens I am very comfy and can get anywhere I want adeptly and safely). What should we expect at the top of the SuperConnect? And don't worry...tomorrow is full day lesson day...time to get rid of this snowplow :-)

Also, the we really think we'd like to do the Goldrunner coaster. How does that work if you're skiing (and if you're not I guess)? If we ski to the top, how do we get back up to get back to our skis? If we walk/drive over, how do we get up the lift without skis?

Loving it here...trip report to follow when we return. So far some great hits and only one miss which wasn't awful, just not great.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
728 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peak 8 ski-ability??? Goldrunner question???

Springmeier and Four O'Clock are both pretty easy blues with plenty of learning zone signs. They are a little long, but if you take your time, you should be fine. I think they are only blue at the very top and quickly change to beginner runs.

The goldrunner coaster entrance is actually at the bottom of the coaster, not the top. Watch for signs if you decide to ski down to it, or you can walk uphill to get to the ticket booth/ride entrance. In true roller-coaster style, there is a pulley track that hoists your car up to the top of the ride. Your skis will be waiting at the loading/unloading where you left them, then you can ski back down to one of the peak 8 base-area lifts.

Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Peak 8 ski-ability??? Goldrunner question???

I agree I think you will be fine to ski down from the super connect. However, if you would like to check it out first, you can always jump on the free town shuttle (picks up outside the Village) and take it over to the gondola. The bus ride is a couple minute ride not long. The gondola will take you to the base of Peak 8 and you can go from there. It is a very scenic ride and a fun thing to do while you are here, so it is a win win.

Glad you are having fun!

3. Re: Peak 8 ski-ability??? Goldrunner question???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 03, 2014