We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breck Roller Coast review

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Breck Roller Coast review

Everyone has been extremely helpful on this site. Trying to get a sense on reviews of the roller coaster at Breckenridge. Based on limited feedback, it seems like a good time and the one recommendation was to buy a day or hour pass verse a single ride - I guess the cost difference is minimal. Is it fun for all ages? Do you go by yourself or together? Would a 9 year old enjoy it or is it too scary?

Thanks for any feedback.

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,729 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breck Roller Coast review

I went this past summer and boy is it pricey for one quick ride! However it was fun, I am glad I experienced it, and yes a 9 yr old would LOVE it!

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,307 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breck Roller Coast review

I haven't been to the one at Breck but have been to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, and it is a lot of fun. I don't do amusement park rides due to motion sickness, but I was able to do this since you can control your speed, and it was a lot of fun. Two of you can go together, and all my grandkids loved it, ages 7 and up.

I don't know what else is included in a day pass at Breck, so you'd have to check that out to decide whether to purchase a day pass. An hour pass would probably be enough if just doing the coaster, unless the lines are long when you're there. Your 9 year old will want to do it more than once, I can pretty much guarantee.

Edited: 1:37 pm, January 17, 2013
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,307 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breck Roller Coast review

Just looked it up, and there isn't an hourly pass offered that I can see...just the single for $16 or the day pass for $29. Your 9 year old can ride alone if at least 54" tall. So a single pass for you (to experience it and take the child for the first time) and a day pass for the 9 year old might work so he/she can go down again and again.

breckenridge.com/activities/…

The tracks aren't high off the ground, so it is suitable for those who are scared of heights, unlike a regular roller coaster.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breck Roller Coast review

It's not scary at all. If your child is small you can ride together. It was fun to try it, but I prefer the alpine slide as did my 14 and 16 year old nephews.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,965 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breck Roller Coast review

There is a google offer of 2 for one tubing at Frisco that I got in the mail today

It is a long link I hope it works

https:/…

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breck Roller Coast review

Thanks Alli. That's a great deal.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,965 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breck Roller Coast review

You are welcome. I love a deal!

8. Re: Breck Roller Coast review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 20, 2014