We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Texan who has never played in the snow

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
135 posts
8 reviews
Texan who has never played in the snow

Hi, I am planning on going to Breckenridge in December of 2013. I will be bringing my husband, our daughter who will be 11 then, son who will be 2 then, and my mother (non-skier). We do not have snow here nor have ever traveled anywhere with snow. I've read reviews but would like opinions from my fellow travelers. I would like to know what would be the best transportation from the airport to Breckenridge, and what the best moderately priced lodging would be. We would like ski in/out. Any special tips and recommendations are appreciated!

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Texan who has never played in the snow

Shuttle options:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33327-i838-k50054…

If number not listed in article, google company and call for pricing.

Otherwise, car or SUV rental from airport.

Lodging that is Ski in/out:

Village at Breckenridge

Beaver Run

*these are 2 big resorts with amenites which would be good for the kids. You could probably call both now and ask for current pricing to get an idea for next year. Also ask for discounts if stay a certain length of time as well as if they offer lodging/ski packages

Also, can rent at

Cedars

One Breck Place- walk to slopes, not ski in/out

The above mentioned places are close to the slopes and town for an easy walk for non-skiers to walk Main St.

You can also look into Mountain Thunder Lodge- ski back but walk across to gondola.

There are other places but trying to keep you close to base of town.

can look on www.vrbo.com, homeaway.com, flipkey.com to (usually) deal directly with an owner to see if pricing better than perhaps a property management company but might as well call all to see what the best deal is. Would highly doubt pricing is set for next year but can try.

matt

Texas
Level Contributor
135 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Texan who has never played in the snow

Thanks Matt! I'll look into those places. I don't know that we would want to rent a car to drive to Breckenridge, due to our lack of snow driving experience, but wonder if there is anywhere for a.carseat on a shuttle.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Texan who has never played in the snow

assuming yes (On the car seat) as these companies transport thousands of people per year, many that are families with kids.

I am sure they could tell you when you call for rates. (my guess is they will have the ability to do it and you will be charged a rate since the little one is taking up a spot.

Matt

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Texan who has never played in the snow

Hi,

We have a 2year old going with us and all the transfer companies we contacted had car seat rates for little ones.We booked in October when the new rates were available but you can have a look around now and get an idea.As its our first time there I cant help with much more...I'll leave that to the others.We started planning in February and I cant believe we now go in 4 days time.So excited!!

5. Re: Texan who has never played in the snow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 23, 2013