We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunbeam Estates

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Sunbeam Estates

Hi, we are traveling in Jan and have looked at a home in Sunbeam Estates. I was wondering if that area is truely within walking distance to Main Street and is the ski shuttle as easy as it sounds for travel to the lifts?

Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunbeam Estates

If you go to:

and type in Klack Road, Breckenridge, Co

This will give you an idea of where it is. Sunbeam comprises Klack Rd, Sunbeam, Carter & Hermit Dr.

Walk to Main St- 10 minutes is my guess in the winter, more or less flat.

Ski Shuttle- there is a free shuttle stop over at the grey P that you see at the end of Sunbeam Dr (on the other side of Boreass Pass Rd).

There is also one just west of the intersection of Powder Ridge Rd and S. French St (the northern intersection that borders what shows Carter Park on the map). You can also use Google maps to move the yellow man onto the map and move around to give you a feel for the area.

Sounds like you are looking for a house that is close to town and lifts.

What you will run into is that Breck is a condo dominated area around the lifts and town minus a few small areas. One is Sunbeam (kinda of), the other is Westridge (but not really an easy walk back from town).

It basically gets down to a home that is a little bit further away from each area but the convenience of a nice large home (and most places in Sunbeam are nice) or going the condo/townhome route where you can get closer to the slopes/town.

If you are open to a condo or townhome, I can give suggestions but let me know how many people and/or rooms needed.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunbeam Estates

Thanks Matt for the information!

3. Re: Sunbeam Estates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor