We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaver Run Resort

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
25 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Beaver Run Resort

We are thinking of going on a ski trip with a ski club to Breckenridge and staying at Beaver Run Resort. Can anyone give me their opinion of the rooms at Beaver Run Resort. So many reviews say the rooms are run down and tired and need updating. My taste is at least a 4 star hotel.

Thanks

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,423 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaver Run Resort

You won't find four star at Beaver Run. It is actually a reasonable place to stay for its location. I haven't stayed there in a couple years but it's a family factory type hotel with tons of activities for kids, ease of access to the slopes, variety of restaurant choices, etc. Lodging is spread out into multiple buildings - a bit of a maze to navigate.

If you're going with a club group, I would recommend it. You'll have fun. If you were going with on a romantic ski holiday, I would forget it and look elsewhere. Ski club trips are about camaraderie and you will find Beaver Run to be a decent spot for that.

Good luck.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaver Run Resort

Beaver Run typically ranks their rooms on a 100 pt standard I believe if rented directly thru Beaver Run. Tell them you are looking for an upgraded unit and see if they will give you the point ranking of the unit.

Great location for being right by the lift.

If you are looking for a newer places:

Mountain Thunder Lodge

Blue Sky

up on Peak 8- not in town are the 2 newest

One Ski Hill Place

Crystal Peak Lodge

*I like One Ski HIll better.

Matt

Kansas City
Level Contributor
248 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaver Run Resort

Hi

We have rented a really great, updated room at Beaver Run through VRBO. Loved it! Actually, there are several on VRBO that you can see what you are getting....as opposed to gamble on the nature of your room directly through the resort.

I can't imagine anything easier than staying there. Access to rentals, lockers, lifts, ski school, and town is SO easy breezy!

Feel free to private message me regarding our rental last year! Nat.

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaver Run Resort

beaver run does have 4 and 5 star units(very few 4 star, rented out mainly on vrbo or Ski Village Resorts, the only 5 star is rented by Breck Accommodations and there is only 1), the overall property will not be. Majority of units and the property is 3 star. I'm assuming you picked Beaver Run for the location. For similar amenities/location/quality your options are Grand Timber Lodge, Mountain Thunder Lodge, Village at Breckenridge( there is 1 building that is 4 star - it has a name but i forget). If its the location and you don't need a full service resort. My favorite's are Park Ave lofts, Ski Country Penthouse and The Water House.

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaver Run Resort

forgot blue sky as well, its prob the nicest resort thats still close 2 town

6. Re: Beaver Run Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge