We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the REAL story on WW rafting?

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
674 posts
419 reviews
Save Topic
What's the REAL story on WW rafting?

WE will not be in Breck til Aug. 18th. Before I get some confusing answers from the rafting co.s, could you locals tell me the situation.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
10,373 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the REAL story on WW rafting?

See reply #27 at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33327-i838-k55342…

and reply #2 at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33332-i2841-k5591…

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the REAL story on WW rafting?

Our group of 12 went on the Brown's Canyon full day raft trip last Monday and had a blast! We booked through Performance Tours and they picked us up in Breck and shuttled us down to Buena Vista. Stu, Linley, and Val were our guides. They were fun, informative, and very safety conscious.

We all agreed it was the highlight of our trip to Breckenridge. I am so glad we did this trip even though everyone said the river was low. I definitely would do it again and use this company.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
674 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the REAL story on WW rafting?

Yes, I agree Performance is our favorite company as well!!!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the REAL story on WW rafting?

I have a large group of friends that are part of the boater community in the summer (guides, photographers...). While it may not be the kind of conditions needed for these world class kayakers and creek boaters to boof off of 10-20+ft drops and run their death-defying stretches of infamous rivers and creeks, there will always be places to float a raft and have a great time. As the river rises and falls, different obstacles and challenges appear and disappear. Raft guide companies will know where to take you.

5. Re: What's the REAL story on WW rafting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 30, 2013