We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

peak 8 fun park- worth it ?

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maryland
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
peak 8 fun park- worth it ?

is the peak 8 fun park worth $72 per adult and $38 per child ?

Thats over $200 for a family of 4, throw in bike rentals for haul.. thats a $500 afternoon..

anyone have any recent experiences.. trying to decide if worth $500. Anyone know of a discount like costco or entertainment book ?

thanks

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,003 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: peak 8 fun park- worth it ?

It is expensive. I've never heard about any discounts but maybe one of our DEs will know.

We've taken our nieces and nephews for the past 12 summers and we always have a blast. (We're going again next weekend.) Last year we chose to just do the alpine slide and the Gold Runner coaster since the boys are getting older and not interested in much of the other stuff. At $15/$18 per ride, doing each one twice, it wasn't much less than buying the pass.

Pagosa Springs...
Destination Expert
for Durango, Pagosa Springs
Level Contributor
411 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: peak 8 fun park- worth it ?

I prefer Glenwood's Adventure Park over Peak 8, and it is much less expensive. My experience on the Gold Runner last summer was disappointing. They were pushing so many people through and not spacing cars apart enough. I was stuck behind the person in front of me after the 1st turn. Felt ripped off at $18 and an hour wait in line for the slowest ride down a coaster ever.

You can take the gondola up to Peak 8 and check it out without having to buy tickets.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,604 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: peak 8 fun park- worth it ?

Define worth it? 500.00 to me is a big chunk of change. I'd rather

rent a pontoon boat, do the alpine slide once

townoffrisco.com/frisco-bay-marina/…

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: peak 8 fun park- worth it ?

We were there today...my girls are 12 and 15 and got bored pretty fast. We just did the slide, coaster, and 1 did the bungee tramp. The tramp was horrible...kids had to bounce themselves. At durangos fun park, the kids went up about 20 ft. I'd spend my money rafting...much cheaper, $39 person at mile hi rafting and 2 hours of pure fun!!!

maryland
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: peak 8 fun park- worth it ?

thanks for the responses.. i was 50/ 50.. i think i agree with what has been said.. $$ probably better spent elsewhere.. don't get me wrong- does look fun.. just not that fun !

whitewater rafting.. that looks fun !

maybe i will do one ride down mtn w/ boys- just to say we did it..

thanks all

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: peak 8 fun park- worth it ?

I have never heard of any discounts, however employees have discount/free passes. I think riding the alpine slide and/or the coaster is really fun, a cool experience! We have taken guests many times and everyone has loved it - however I would never pay $500 for the fun park, ever. I agree with everyone else rent a boat, go rafting (although this season is rather eh), go horseback riding, go ATVing, lots of other activities where your money is better spent IMO. For $500 I would go do a cattle drive with the family - a unique experience that is really really fun IMO.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,604 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: peak 8 fun park- worth it ?

Not sure when you are coming but last weekend Keystone still had the tubing hill open.. Super fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v1IB_6Po4I

http://www.keystoneresort.com/activitiesdetail/Key+-+Tubing+at+Adventure+Point.axd

Guess you will have to copy and paste the second link

Edited: 5:00 pm, June 21, 2012
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: peak 8 fun park- worth it ?

No, it is definitely not worth it. It is a tourist trap that caters to folks who probably would have been happier in Branson or Gatlinburg. If you are making the trip to the Rocky Mountains, do activities that are unique to the mountains. Hiking, tubing, horseback riding, canoeing in Lake Dillon (much more peaceful than pontoon), bike riding from Breck to Frisco, day trips to explore nearby towns and historical spots like Georgetown and Leadville, ride up a mountain train, drive up Boreas Pass, etc. Your kids might complain a bit on a long day hike (because they are kids), but they will have memories that will last them a lifetime.

We fell into that tourist trap once; spent tons of money on rides and over priced food. I dont think our kids really had any fun at the fun park. But, they always talk about the other activities mentioned above.

maryland
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: peak 8 fun park- worth it ?

just back from copper mountain..spent week there instead of 3 days- colorado springs was out due to fires..

thanks for all the advice.. we did Copper mountain outdoor activities.. $55 for 1 week ! bungee, rock walls, chairlifts, bike haul, bumper boats, 5 go- cart rides..kids 7 and 10 had a blast ! rented a condo over looking the super quads and the plaza w/ bungee etc.. cheap off- season

we did a rodeo in beaver creek- awesome ! and did whitewater rafting near buena vista w/ groupon.. awesome -awesome..

great outdoor family fun and did not break the bank

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,604 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: peak 8 fun park- worth it ?

Sounds great hokie22! I agree you can easily do a family summer vacation in the mountains without over spending.