We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denver to Breckenridge transportation

colorado springs, co
5 posts
Save Topic
Denver to Breckenridge transportation

We will be flying into Denver over the Christmas holidays and staying at a house in Breckenridge, but we need to find an inexpensive way to get from the airport to the house. I've looked at the main shuttle services and a one-way car rental and they are either too expensive or no service available. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thanks.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,620 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denver to Breckenridge transportation

shuttles and rental car are about it. You can get a bit off teh shuttle with a coupon at www.skicoupons.com/coupons.cfm/r/9/g/1/cc/5

colorado springs, co
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Denver to Breckenridge transportation

thanks for the info, alli. I'll give it a try.

colorado springs, co
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Denver to Breckenridge transportation

thanks for the info, alli. I'll give it a try.

Breckenridge, CO
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Denver to Breckenridge transportation

You can take the CME shuttle from Denver to the Frisco transfer station for about half the price of the direct one to Breckenridge. There are free buses that can take you into Breckenridge (Summit Stage), but this might be a hassle if you have a lot of luggage. You basically pay more for door to door service.

denver
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Denver to Breckenridge transportation

CME shuttel is the best way. You can check out rates at www.ridecme.com. Have fun!

Buena Vista, Co
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Denver to Breckenridge transportation

CME (AKA Colorado Moutain Express) is no doubt the best way to get to Breck (or Frisco) from Denver Airport. That was good advice on the Frisco drop off and then ride the free shuttle as it is easy and free. Let me know where the house is so I can give you a tip on how to get to the house. That might be the difficulty.

I drove busses for the ski area and know how to get around in town.

Lake Charles, La
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Denver to Breckenridge transportation

Try looking on Hotwire for a rental car. 25.00 a day for a 4wd SUV is what I got for early Dec.

colorado springs, co
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Denver to Breckenridge transportation

wow!! thank you all for the terrific info! Thanks for the wonderful offer of driving directions, but we used to live in the area so, hopefully, we won't get lost.

9. Re: Denver to Breckenridge transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:59 am, November 15, 2008
irishman_72
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Denver to Breckenridge transportation

just wondering how you got the deal on the 4wd suv. i can't even find a 4wd on hotwire much less one for $25. the economy is that much. am i overlooking something?

Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge