We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time Ski-ing at Brekenridge

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
First time Ski-ing at Brekenridge

HI, we are coming ski-ing end of March flying in from the UK, are we better to stay a couple of nights in Denver first to get used to the higher altitude first?, & do they offer military discounts for lift passes?

Thanks

10 replies to this topic
Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
1. Re: First time Ski-ing at Brekenridge

US or UK military service? Here's link info on the subject

…breckenridge.com/2015/…

Breckenridge, CO
Level Contributor
912 posts
2. Re: First time Ski-ing at Brekenridge

There are lots of discussions here about altitude. Try using the search bars at the top and bottom of the page and you'll be able to find them. Search for "altitude sickness" and then sort by date to get the most recent posts.

Edited: 1:09 pm, December 05, 2017
Little Rock
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: First time Ski-ing at Brekenridge

If you go to the main page of the Colorado forum on a real computer (not the phone app) at the right side are frequently asked and answered questions, one of them has to do with altitude issues.

Spending a day in Denver would not hurt, and it's probably a good idea, especially if you are not in terrific physical shape/condition.

Edited: 3:22 pm, December 05, 2017
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: First time Ski-ing at Brekenridge

Thank you for coming back to me, I will check all these pages. We are Uk military.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4,129 posts
64 reviews
5. Re: First time Ski-ing at Brekenridge

I think it's hard to say, I live in DC which is basically sea level and the altitude in Breckenridge doesn't bother me when I go straight there from here. Nor to Aspen, but it's a bit lower in altitude. Sounds like you know how to ski anyway, so wherever you ski, you would have some experience at higher altitudes, already, didn't you? (eg, in Switzerland or wherever you go). Now I have a friend who told me last year he got altitude sickness at Vail even though he had spent a couple days in Denver, so you never know. If you have no reason to want to spend a couple days in Denver, I probably wouldn't do that as it is a big waste of time and money, but hopefully you have some experience regarding your reaction to high altitude.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
9,164 posts
197 reviews
6. Re: First time Ski-ing at Brekenridge

Military discounts are typically for US military only.

Agree that spending your first night in Denver is a reasonable precaution. No need to spend any more time than that.

7. Re: First time Ski-ing at Brekenridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 pm, December 12, 2017

Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,164 posts
197 reviews
8. Re: First time Ski-ing at Brekenridge

Go away Nathan S. Nobody is interested in shameless self promotion on TA forums. To paraphrase your post, “If you don’t have an advertising budget, you can still sleazily promote your company (threadventure) by spamming the TA forums under false pretenses.”

Level Contributor
61 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: First time Ski-ing at Brekenridge

Well that escalated quickly.

Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,164 posts
197 reviews
10. Re: First time Ski-ing at Brekenridge

If the forums were full of businesses peddling their products, nobody would use them.

Often these serial spammers return with a new username(s) and even more elaborate stories. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see posts from new members asking about the services this business provides, which is exactly why I called out this business for their current unethical behavior.

Reply to: First time Ski-ing at Brekenridge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted