We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What weather Site is the most accurate for Breckenridge

University Park
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
What weather Site is the most accurate for Breckenridge

Hi, When i Go to open Snow and I try to look into this upcoming weekend weather it says highs in the upper 30s and lows in the 20s but when i go to weather.com and i look up the weekend temperatures. They have the highs in the 50's and lows in the 30's .. why so drastic from site to site on temperature readings. Would like to get an idea that way I can bring the right Winter Clothes for my Thanksgiving trip .. By looks of it weather will be dry n rather warm for Thanksgiving weekend.. Sucks

19 replies to this topic
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What weather Site is the most accurate for Breckenridge

this one https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33327…

though I trust open snow more than most

Edited: 10:41 am, November 20, 2017
University Park
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What weather Site is the most accurate for Breckenridge

Just seems Open Snow Temperatures are way lower than any other site.. Its not even close .. There off by more than 10 degrees on forecasting

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What weather Site is the most accurate for Breckenridge

Sorry Eddy, our forecast are not very accurate. It is what it is. Hopefully they will be wrong in the right way!

Be sure to let us know how the trip went, Have fun!!

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,854 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What weather Site is the most accurate for Breckenridge

I agree - Open Snow for snow forecasts.

The temperatures are lower because they are for the mountain not the town.

There's a big difference between the temperature in the town of Breck and what it will be on the mountain.

As far as general weather for the town of Breck use the National Weather Service site.

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,854 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What weather Site is the most accurate for Breckenridge

Other sites agree with Open Snow:

snow-forecast.com/resorts/…mid

snowforecast.com/usa-forecasts/…

On the Snow shows the difference in temperatures between the base and the mountain: https:/…weather.html

Breckenridge, CO
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What weather Site is the most accurate for Breckenridge

Eddy, anyone who predicts the weather here is either a fool or a tourist and I'm not going there. I can tell you it was 13 degrees at 6 am this morning, and now it's 50 and hazy. A friend of mine was downhill skiing yesterday and said it was pretty good so don't freak. I would expect open terrain to expand with low night time temps like that.

The key for living in the mountains is dressing in layers. I would plan on wearing a single layer for your trip, with a second layer if it gets colder. A single layer to me is jeans and a fleece top with a t-shirt beneath, adding a lightweight down jacket at night. A cap and gloves is good for night time as well. Shoes with a vibram sole are always good as our streets get really slippery, more so with melting and freezing. I wear Merrills. My wife has been wearing flip-flops to the grocery store, go figure.

Breckenridge, CO
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What weather Site is the most accurate for Breckenridge

One other thing Eddy. I LIVE in Breck and if you want the current temperature and weather I'm more than happy to let you know what it is, just ask. I've got bluetooth temp and humidity sensors outside around my house.

I checked some of those other site links in this thread and they are all way wrong, I don't get it.

University Park
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What weather Site is the most accurate for Breckenridge

Hey sr contador..thanks for ur assistance..I'll be getting in Thursday night and leaving Sunday night ..maybe later u can tell me what temperature /weather to expect lol ..it's always good to get a good reading

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,854 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What weather Site is the most accurate for Breckenridge

Those sites are not "wrong". They forecast temperatures for the MOUNTAIN not the town of Breckenridge.

Breckenridge, CO
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What weather Site is the most accurate for Breckenridge

That's nice.

Reply to: What weather Site is the most accurate for Breckenridge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted