We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to Breck/Sundowner Condos

Grand Rapids...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
1st time to Breck/Sundowner Condos

Our family will travel to Breck the first week of April. Husband and two sons(13 & 11) have skied/snowboarded for two seasons in Michigan so fairly new to the sport (skiing greens/blues with confidence). I grew up skiing. Staying at the Sundowner Condos. Read a negative report on these and wondering if others have had a better experience. We want to park our car once we get there and enjoy the skiing and town for 5 days. Planning on a day or afternoon at Keystone. What should we definetely see and do? What should we avoid? Also would like the specifics on how we get to the lift from our condo. I think it's a walk-out;ski-in setting. We have our own equipment. Thanks!

Watkinsville...
Level Contributor
94 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to Breck/Sundowner Condos

I stayed at the Sundowner a couple of years ago. It was fair walk, a few hundred yards or so to the Snowflake lift or a 50 yd walk to a shuttle stop. We skiied in for lunch on Four O'clock Run, the condo was fine then.

It is just a couple of blocks from the condo to main st.

We had a great exprience and I hope you do!

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to Breck/Sundowner Condos

The new gondola is across N. Park street near Ski Hill Rd but probably more like 150 yards. What to avoid? The trees. Once you get your ski legs make sure to take your sons to Peak 7.

Enjoy. You'll have fun.

Watkinsville...
Level Contributor
94 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to Breck/Sundowner Condos

Yeah peak 7 is great, love it.

there are maps that show the sundowner, but I think you will find it is a very good location. Some places are closer to lifts but the walk is not bad, and the shuttle service is real easy.

4. Re: 1st time to Breck/Sundowner Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge