We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing near Boulder

Rutherford...
Level Contributor
28 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Skiing near Boulder

We are coming to Boulder from PA with our son to check out UC Boulder. He is an avid skate and snowboarder. What is the closest skiing that is fabulous? We have been to Vail before and would consider going back. It is very pricey over President's Day w/e and I will bite the bullet if I have to.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,440 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing near Boulder

The closest, most convenient skiing to Boulder is Eldora: http://www.eldora.com/

I wouldn't call it "fabulous" but it's a great little ski area. Next would be Loveland or Winter Park. Then Summit County: Keystone, Breckenridge, Copper Mountain. Vail is the farthest distance from Boulder ~2 hours.

I would check snow conditions at all of the resorts and choose the one with the most snow and open terrain.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,076 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing near Boulder

I would consider Winter Park, Arapahoe Basin, Copper Mountain and Breckenridge for larger resorts. Eldora is great fun and closest to Boulder tho. When I was at CU Boulder (they call it that, not UC) we drove to Winter Park and Copper Mountain almost every weekend.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing near Boulder

I think a combo of roads conditions and snow conditions will make your choice.

As said about Eldorda is the closest, but it may be easier to get to Loveland. Winter Park will be tough if the roads are nasty.

I happen to love Copper.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiing near Boulder

When are you coming? Eldora is opening this weekend. It is the closest, but isn't the most fabulous.

As others have said, Copper Mountain, Winter Park, Breckenridge, are all good options for larger resorts.

Broder

5. Re: Skiing near Boulder

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 21, 2010