We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any new Pizza places..??

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,382 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Any new Pizza places..??

I'm headed to Boulder this coming weekend, wondering if the past year or so any new pizza places have opened up in the area??? Can be in Boulder, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior etc....

Usually we have Abo's and Old Chicago's. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

andy2440
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any new Pizza places..??

If you like Abo's pizza I would try Cosmos. This place isn't new but it has great NY style thin crust pizza. Just a FYI, more of a take out place.

http://www.cosmospizza.com/

Another idea is Beau Jo's, this place has incredible deep dish pizza with fresh toppings. Also the restaurant setting has a nice feel

http://www.beaujos.com/

For novality, take a look at the Challenge at Beau Jo's... two individuals up against a 14 pound pizza!. If you can accomplish this feat, you get the pizza free and receive $100.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,382 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any new Pizza places..??

Thanks for the tip on Cosmos, that is new to me.

Been to Beau Jo's many times in Idaho Springs. I can barely eat 2 pieces, so that challenge will have to wait, lol!!

Thanks again. Go Buffs!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,382 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any new Pizza places..??

Just a quick bump as we leave tomorrow.

Anyone been to Original NY Pizza in Broomfield or Protos Pizza in a few locations?

Thanks

andy2440
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any new Pizza places..??

One other I would recommend is Nick and Willys. It is a take and bake place but man are these pizzas good. Such fresh toppings!

Check em out!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,382 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any new Pizza places..??

We still go to Abo's but last time during the holiday, the pizza was not as good. No flavor to the sauce. My mom says Nick n Willies is much better... so next time that is what we will try.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any new Pizza places..??

In the Denver area, I like Woody's woodfired pizza the best, especially the original one in Golden

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any new Pizza places..??

Pizza Colore on Pearl Street is amazing!

8. Re: Any new Pizza places..??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 14, 2009