We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longmont or Loveland

London, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Longmont or Loveland

Hi

I have had lots of help from the forums but can I please ask another question.

We are arriving from the Uk at DIA around 6.30 in the evening and want to drive up north for an overnight stay before heading into Wyoming.

Longmont and Loveland has been suggested but I am still trying to decide which. Can you tell me which is the safer area. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Golden, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Longmont or Loveland

There are several hotels near Longmont at Hwy 119 and Interstate 25. Go to maps.google.com & center the map on I-25 and Hwy 119, by Barbour State Park, and search on hotels. 6 hotels should show up by that interchange. That would be a good place to stop.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,101 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Longmont or Loveland

Either place is fine and safe. I would get as far as you can toward Wyoming. Even as far as Fort Collins.

Loveland is about an hour from the airport and there are a few hotel/motels right off I25 near the Outlet Stores. You may want to check with Residence Inn, Best Western Crossroads, Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn. IHOP is nearby.

Up near Fort Collins just off exit 269B is Ramada Inn, Days Inn and Sleep Inn. Denny's nearby.

London, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Longmont or Loveland

Thanks, I don't think we can go any further than Loveland as we don't land until 6.30 in the evening and by the time we clear immigration and collect our car, it will probably be nearly 8.30 pm. Longmont would probably be quicker but I seem to remember reading that Loveland is a nicer place to stay. Thank you - really appreciate the help in my planning!!

4. Re: Longmont or Loveland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 11, 2009