We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pub food

pj1
UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
pub food

we are looking at staying in beaver creek village and recognise that it is a bit of an upmarket place but would ideally like a burger and beer type place for evening meals - not really into the swanky type places and not really sure i want to spend $30+ for food every night. do these sort of place exist in the beaver creek village?

thanks

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,311 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pub food

30.00 is not going to get you far in BC for dinner. Best bet is happy hour deals. The Dusty Boot does offer burgers

http://beavercreek.dustyboot.com/

if you don't mind taking the bus down to Avon you will find more options, I like http://www.vin48.com for happy hour.

pj1
UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: pub food

thanks alli

the dusty boot is the type of place i was looking for ..couldnt see that one from the research i had done. are there any others in the BC village similar to dusty boot?

thanks

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,521 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: pub food

You'll spend that much on the hill for lunch unless you bag your own. BC is very pricey.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,311 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pub food

pj1 not that I know of. Hopefully others will have some ideas. Where are you staying? Perhaps get something with a kitchen. Save on lunches and breakfast may give you the $$ for dinner.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
8,147 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pub food

Agreed with Tex. If you're hoping for a $30 dinner, you'll be shocked when you discover that lunch on the hill will run you roughly that amount for a cafeteria quality burger, a bag of potato chips, and a 20oz soda.

Edited: 12:54 pm, December 12, 2013
pj1
UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: pub food

just exploring options at the moment where to stay.. we thought we had decided on a 1 bed condo in winter park at the base of the lift but noticed the pines lodge in BC which looks nice and a comparable price but we probably would not want to eat there looking at the prices. we love walking so no issue about walking to eat in the evening although probably not a 45min hike - if you know what i mean. dusty boot looks to be about a 10-15min walk.

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pub food

Blue Moose Pizza would be the other option. See my web site for pictures.

http://www.nogodforme.com/Vail2013.htm

Most of the lodging places are on the village bus system, including the Comfort Inn, and the Bear Lot parking lot is free. So you can either take the bus or drive your rental car to the Bear Lot, go skiing, come back to your hotel, then catch a night village bus which runs late.

If you really want to save some money, stay at the Comfort Inn as a dive hotel the night you arrive. You probably won't do much anyway except go and get groceries at exit 173 or 205 (Silverthorne).

Buy granola for breakfast, snack bars for the slopes. In fact, the Comfort Inn has a free breakfast. Then you only need to pay for dinner that first day of skiing. Comfort Inn is good, it's just that the carpets and walls are dated.

Pre-game in your room when it comes to the booze. Blue Moose will be packed, check out the web site and order your food to go if you don't want to be around a noisy crowd. Otherwise you'll be hanging out while your order is prepared (about 45 minutes).

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,311 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pub food

I'd not worry about the walk there is the free in resort shuttles that will take you. beavercreek.com/the-resort/village-transport…

Again you can take the free bus into Avon, just a few mins ride. Lots more options for reasonable dinners in Avon.

BC VS Winter Park. Beaver Creek for sure! One thing too is if you have a car the parking fees can be pretty costly at BC...

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,078 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pub food

If you're really looking for $30 per person dinner you might seriously think about staying in Avon. Definitely Dusty Boot and Blue Moose are options, but even at the Boot you would be pressed to get out of there with a burger, fries, drink, tax, gratuity for $30. For sure walkable from Pines but a healthy walk. Pines is not right in Beaver Creek Village.

Comfort Inn is functional, at best, but cheaper. And lots of reasonable options in Avon, although you'll still press $20-25 per person.

Have fun.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,311 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pub food

I know it sounds like it is prohibitive to eat at BC but with minimal planning you can do it without exceeding the limit on your CC. HH really is the key, shoot at the Dusty Boot $6 gets you choice of one of the following with any of our draft beers!

*2 Sliders*Fish Tacos*Chicken Quesadilla*Chix Sand w/1 Topping

That is a great deal! Eat early then head back to the hotel for a hot-tub with a beverage brought from your room, buy plastic cups. Follow robvia's advice about snacks for breakfast and lunch. A candy bar can set you back 5.00 at BC. I know it may sound odd to brown bag it at such a posh resort but many Coloradans, (me) love BC and in order to go more than once a decade we brown bag it too. No one will think twice. A flask of something for a warm up is not unheard of either. Just a spot to warm up nothing more.

Our splurge is to hang out at the deck at the Ritz for a beer, then if the weather is nice head over to Mamies and cook burgers http://www.beavercreek.com/diningdetail/BC+-+Mamies.axd

I hope you have a great trip!