We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaver Creek Ski School

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Beaver Creek Ski School

We are traveling to Beaver Creek in Jan with 3 children (aged 12, 10 and 7 yrs) for 8 nights. They have skied once before ( in Australia) and are confident on green runs and were starting to try easy blues. I' m trying to decide whether to put them in group ski school for 3-4 days( $545 day for all 3) or give them 2 days of private instruction grouped together ($745 day). I have read some rather negative reviews of the group lessons and wonder whether a couple of solid days of private instruction might get them to a level where they can ski with us (moderate intermediates) later in the week?? Thanks for your help.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaver Creek Ski School

They'll advance much faster and get more one-on-one attention in privates. If you can swing it, do it.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaver Creek Ski School

Thanks. I think we might group them together in a private for a day or 2 early in the trip to get them moving along. It will probably not cost a lot more as we may be able to get by with less days of instruction by going for higher quality. Looking forward to great week in Jan.

Buenos Aires
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaver Creek Ski School

Hi, I have three kids your same age. We spent 2 weeks last year at Beaver Creek and they had group lessons. They had only skied twice before in Argentina where we live. In my opinion if they are just starting it would be better to take group lessons, and I would save those private lessons to make them improve once they are good skiers. You cannot imagine how fast my kids all improved, and they had lots of fun. Just a thought.

Best regards!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaver Creek Ski School

Great to hear. How many other kids were in their classes? The good thing about group lessons is that we can afford more days which means we get a but more of a chance to ski without needing to worry about them! My biggest concern is a few comments on this site about very large groups that wasted a lot of time due to sheer size of group.

Buenos Aires
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaver Creek Ski School

Well, I guess it depends on the amount of people in the mountain. We were there from Jan-22 to Feb-5. There weren't many people. It was perfect. My older son says depending on the day (my two older were together but then they split according to their improvements) they were 5 or up to 10 or so (he's not sure);but he went from almost parallel to doing blacks, even moguls! So they move them according to their achievements, but they won't unless they are ready to move on to the next level.

Hope tho helps!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaver Creek Ski School

Thanks heaps! As we will be there at a quieter time as well (jan 6-13) it sounds like we will be okay with groups . Thanks again for replying as it really helps to get feedback from other families.

Buenos Aires
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaver Creek Ski School

You're very welcome. Have fun!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaver Creek Ski School

Check out the "Ultimate 4" Children's Ski School classes. Classes Limited to 4 students $314 per day including lift ticket. Details on Beaver Creek's website.

9. Re: Beaver Creek Ski School

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 27, 2012