We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to BC from Denver airport

Which Beaver Creek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Altos, Ca
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
transportation to BC from Denver airport

We are visiting BC in early April. For our family of 5, shuttle cost to and from Denver airport is already $600. Is it better to rent a car instead? Any suggestions on parking and the drive to BC? Thanks

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation to BC from Denver airport

It's much better to rent a car; it's an easy drive on 4 lane divided highway.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
858 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation to BC from Denver airport

If you're being cost concious, I have a friend who rents from an off airport location. The airport taxes add a lot to car rentals. But then you have the inconvenience of getting to and from the location.

If you're not willing to drive up the mountain, you can take the shuttle (www.ridecme.com) to the Frisco Transfer station, and rent a car from Enterprise right there. The shuttle to the transfer station is $34 pp. (about $20 less pp each way). You must reserve online to get that rate.

Naples, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation to BC from Denver airport

If you do not already have your airline reservations, consider flying into Eagle-Vail airport. The cost of High Mountain Taxi is about $110 each way for 4 - 5 people. The public bus is $3 per person but you need to "shlep" your stuff. Often times the extra cost to fly into EGE instead of DIA is offset by the cost of transportation from DIA to Beaver Creek. Once you are in BC you will not need a car! I have been here for 5 weeks (we own a condo), the snow is awesome (22" in the last 24 hours) . . you will love it!

Eagle, Colorado
Level Contributor
18 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation to BC from Denver airport

I actually own a townhouse in Edwards, CO which is a 10 min. drive from Beaver Creek. Our family of 5 fly into Denver almost every time we go and rent a car. The drive is not bad at all. Just hop on Interstate and head west! It takes about 2 and a half to 2 hrs and 45 min to get to Beaver Creek from DIA and it is a beautiful drive....lots of mountains to see and great outlet stores in Silverthorne which is along the way.Having a car is nice too unless you want to get stuck eating at the same few places all the time. Beyond Beaver Creek, there are great restaurants in Edwards and Avon which would be very difficult to get to without a car. The taxes for the car rental are high as someone mentioned but I have had good luck finding decent rates online. At Christmas we rented a Durnago for a week and it was less than the $600 the shuttle costs. I think that we paid about $500 and that included that high airport rental tax. If you are skiing I suggest getting a minivan or midsize to large SUV to carry all the stuff! The Durnago we rented last time was perfect with 5 of us and all the gear. Also, if you are skiing and want to make your life easier, don't park in the free lots at the bottom of Beaver Creek. Drive up to the guard house and tell them you want to park in the Village Hall parking garage (and ask for directions). It costs about $20 but is well worth it since all you have to do is go up one flight of stairs and you are at the escalator to take you to the ski lift!

Michigan
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation to BC from Denver airport

I am going to BC in April. With a family of 5... Flying into Denver. Rented a car through hotwire. (mini van). The company turned out to be Budget (you don't know until you agree to purchase). The price was $311 including taxes. This was about 1/2 of other quotes I was getting. I rented and paid for this car in October so I don't know if the rates will still be the same. Good luck