We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wit's End Guest Ranch

New Jersey
7 posts
Save Topic
Wit's End Guest Ranch

Has anybody stayed here? Is it a good family place? I'm taking my family there in August. Has anyone had any problems there?

Houston
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wit's End Guest Ranch

Have you gotten any review info on Wit's End yet? I was thinking of going with my family as well, but cannot find any reviews, other than the guidebook stuff. I wonder why that is?

Pagosa Springs...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wit's End Guest Ranch

Howdy,

I gotta tell you, I'm not exactly impartial here... My wife, Sharon, and I are retiring after 26 years in the Air Force and moving to the ranch in May to manage the Streamside property on behalf of Mr Custer (the owner). I was pretty picky about who I wanted to be associated with after I retired. But I'm passing up a few 6-figure job offers to go to work for these folks. I like them that much and we're quite proud to be joining the Wit's End family.

Are you staying at Streamside or on the main ranch? If yer at Streamside, I will personally ensure you have a great stay. And I'm sure Christopher and the rest of the team would say the same thing.

Looking forward to making sure you wanna come back,

Mark

Pagosa Springs...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wit's End Guest Ranch

Hey bandit99!

Same to you, my friend. Give Lara a call (1-800 number on the website) and tell her I sent you. We will take care of you and yer family. Promise.

Mark

Houston
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wit's End Guest Ranch

Streamside it is indeed! We are SO looking forward to this trip, I cannot tell you. Our family will be there July 1-8, 2006. Unless someone beats us to the punch, I want to be the first to post a comprehensive Wit's End review with photos! Can't wait to meet you Mark. Thank you for the reply.

New Jersey
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wit's End Guest Ranch

Thanks Mark. We'll be there in August. We're not staying streamside now because it sounded like a bit of a hike. Would you recommend that over the lodge area?

Pagosa Springs...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wit's End Guest Ranch

Howdy Jetes,

Great question...you don't get to the point where you can afford a vacation like this by being careless with yer money. Good on you. While I would recommend Streamside over everything BUT Wit's End (of course), I certainly would NOT recommend it over Wit's End.

I just noticed the warning about posting here...not to advertise or solicit...so I should offer my apologies to anyone that may think I've crossed that line. I just want our guests to have the info they want.

And, so I don't break that rule...send me an email at mark.bracich@hotmail.com and I'll give you my honest opinion on the specifics. I'll also send you my phone number and we can chat.

Cheers,

Mark

Gaithersburg...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Wit's End Guest Ranch

Hey everyone...I'm a single woman travling alone and have done a lot of research on the different ranches. Wit's End appears to be the place to go...lots of activies or not, depending on how you want to spend your time. I'll be there the last weeke in July (22-29? don't have a calendar handy)..anyway, Laura (Lara?) has been wonderful in helping me plan my stay. I have called a lot of ranches to get information, but she's great...takes time to answer all your questions, makes suggestions, etc. So far, in dealing with her, I couldn't be more impressed; and I'm assuming (dare I?..I actually feel like I can) that my stay will be wonderful as well.

Maryland
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wit's End Guest Ranch

I'm so glad I came across these posts....I don't know if anyone will be looking back here but my husband and I are going to Wits End June 10-17. We will be stying at the Streamside Cabins and figure this will be the one vacation we might actually lose a little weight, but we don't mind at all, and are really looking forward to it. Any details and info for this resort would be appreciated......I'm curious about the white water rafting trip, while my husband is mostly interested in fishing.

thanks

Jill

Tequesta, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wit's End Guest Ranch

Jill - There will be 11 of us at Wit's End from June 10 to 17 to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. We are planning a party in the barn on June 11th so we hope you'll be there!

Donna

Florida

Maryland
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wit's End Guest Ranch

We aren't known to pass up a party! See you then

Jill

Get answers to your questions about Bayfield