We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glen Isle Resort in Bailey, CO

Albuquerque, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Glen Isle Resort in Bailey, CO

Has anyone had a recent experience of staying at the Glen Isle Resort outside of Bailey, CO and advise of whether this would be a good place to stay on a trip through Colorado.

6 replies to this topic
Lincoln, Nebraska
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Glen Isle Resort in Bailey, CO

We were suppose to stay there for a 3 day weekend and ended up only staying one night. When I checked in I thought it was a beginning of a bad horror movie....you know the one where people check in and are never heard from again. The cabin was a bit dirty...although the sheets where clean. I would say it was "rustic" but rustic to me has a bit of appeal. This had no appeal. Even Mike and Frank from American Pickers would be hard pressed to find a treasure in this "Resort."

I would recommend taking a tent and sleeping bag and camping out before staying here.

On a side note, it is located right off the main road through Bailey. Not really sure what their actual address is but if you follow your GPS to Stagecoach road, you will end ten miles away from it.

Fort Worth, Texas...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Glen Isle Resort in Bailey, CO

We've stayed at Glen Isle three times since 2006. The cabins are rustic, the furnishings are dated, but who goes to Colorado to stay indoors! The price is very affordable and it allows each family a bit more privacy than a hotel. We were able to cook breakfast and feed the family on a budget each morning before rushing out the door. The location is very convenient, but more importantly... it's surrounded by gorgeous views and nature! Don't expect 5-star accommodations but it's clean and cozy.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,627 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glen Isle Resort in Bailey, CO

odd how an old post from May gets 2 responses?

Denver, Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Glen Isle Resort in Bailey, CO

Glen Isle is open mainly from the middle of May through first of November. It is a summer resort. I'm sorry these folks had a negative experience there. If you must have a television, swimming pool, etc., then Glen Isle is not for you. The lodge was constructed in 1900 and has a number of cabins with full kitchens, most have fireplaces, etc. It has been the same for years. To me that is the charm of the place. There are no resorts like this left. I go up there practically every weekend during season and love the place. I have been going up for over 25 years. There is a Facebook for Glen Isle with photographs of most of the cabins...a couple of Facebook pages for it so keep looking until you find the one with the photos. It is a wonderful place...very unique with a gift shop in the lodge, a pool room with pool, table tennis, darts, horseshoes, hiking in a beautiful setting, board games galore and interesting people to talk to.

Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glen Isle Resort in Bailey, CO

I have stayed at Glen Isle Resort and I had a blast. It is not for the fussy, priviledged jet set with the giant SUVs with movies on board that our country is full of, but it is a blast out of the past. Clean and adequate with a kitchen for meals. If you are easily bored don't bother, but if you are content to read, walk and enjoy nature as you find it, this is a place for you. Beds are lumpy, the staff is gracious and the air is divine. The river running in front is a bubbling joy and the wildlife is abundant. I go there in my mind often and would stay there in a heart beat again.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,627 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glen Isle Resort in Bailey, CO

Odd again an old post gets 2 single post. Me thinks someone is promoting Glen Isle...

Reply to: Glen Isle Resort in Bailey, CO
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bailey
Recent Conversations