We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napa Valley Lodge/Vintage Inn/Hotel Yountville

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Napa Valley Lodge/Vintage Inn/Hotel Yountville

Heading to Yountville in January for my much anticipated 40th Bday celebration with the hubs, and can't decide where to stay. We have stayed at the NVL but it was over 6 years ago. I remember liking the atmosphere of the property but want to make sure we are picking the best place rather than just going back to what we know. Bardessono looks to modern/cold for our tastes and we definitely don't want a B&B. We have narrowed it down to these 3 choices and would love your input. Thank You!!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,408 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napa Valley Lodge/Vintage Inn/Hotel Yountville

You might like Villagio too. All of these are fine choices for lodging.

Check out the rates for January and then read the reviews on TA. It's unlikely that many here on this forum have stayed in all the properties you are looking at but the people who have written reviews may be able to help you.

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Napa Valley Lodge/Vintage Inn/Hotel Yountville

Thank you supercilious for your response! I was also looking at the villagio until one reviewer described it as "more conventiony or corporate"...that would also not be our particular tastes (unless on a work trip where the corporation is paying;) at that point I'll stay wherever-haha!) I too think it unlikely to find someone who has stayed at all 3 properties, but if anyone has had an outstanding stay at any vs my just fine but not incredible stay at NVL I would love to hear it! Again, I just don't have anything to compare it to. The only thing I am adamant about is that we MUST stay in Yountville. We were charmed on our last trip there and don't foresee ever straying from there again. Love the fact we can walk to any restaurant or shop there as well as hit a few tasting rooms on our way to or from the rest of the valley.

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Napa Valley Lodge/Vintage Inn/Hotel Yountville

One more bit of info- for that time of year they are all within $20 of each other per night, so price will not be a deciding factor in this scenario. Thanks in advance for any input:)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,030 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Napa Valley Lodge/Vintage Inn/Hotel Yountville

We adore the Hotel Yountville. Love the spacious rooms with private patio and fireplaces. The breakfast is wonderful.

Good luck.

Level Contributor
35,226 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Napa Valley Lodge/Vintage Inn/Hotel Yountville

We have enjoyed two very nice stays at Hotel Yountville. Another place you may want to consider is The Villagio Inn & Spa. This is a Tuscan-style property with gorgeous grounds, a very nice heated pool (love the candy cane striped pool towels there), cabanas, jacuzzi and lovely champagne breakfast buffet. When we returned from dinner the lobby was candle-lit and there was a piano player. Love Villagio! :)

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Napa Valley Lodge/Vintage Inn/Hotel Yountville

Thanks for your input everyone! Now I'm thinking we should take out NVL and add in Villagio to the choices:) I guess we can't go wrong with any of them!

Michigan
Level Contributor
245 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Napa Valley Lodge/Vintage Inn/Hotel Yountville

I have stayed at Napa Valley Lodge, Hotel Yountville & Villageo

I'd rate them :

Villageo - yeah, it's big but the layout lends itself to privacy

Hotel Yount - huge rooms

NV Lodge - felt more like a motel, to be frank

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Napa Valley Lodge/Vintage Inn/Hotel Yountville

THANK you Misternatural!! You are the perfect person to answer my question! So between Vintage Inn, Villagio & Hotel Yount is there one that is a better pick overall? I think we can take NVL out of the running;)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,030 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Napa Valley Lodge/Vintage Inn/Hotel Yountville

Take a look at the aerial view of the two accommodations. The Yountville Lodge six buildings mostly faces the creek, has large rooms and patios, and is very peaceful. Breakfast is not crowded in the morning. The Villago has a number of units next to the freeway.

The Yountville just finished a beautiful renovation in 2011 and the decor is gorgeous! The Spa AcQua is awesome.

www.hotelyountville.com/napa-spa-resorts/

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Napa Valley Lodge/Vintage Inn/Hotel Yountville

A couple of years ago we stayed at the Harvest Inn and loved that