We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chardonnay lover Napa wineries?

Which Yountville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Chardonnay lover Napa wineries?

My husband and I will be taking a tour of some wineries in the Napa valley the first week of September. I enjoy white wine.. chardonnay, riesling, and other white wines. We will be staying at the "Cottages of Napa valley". Are there any wineries close to where we are staying that have an excellent chardonnay that isn't going to cost me more then 20.00 a bottle. WE also don't want to spend an fortune on a few nice dinners.. Can anyone recommend a restaurant that wont empty our bank account?

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chardonnay lover Napa wineries?

Stony Hill winery just north of St. Helena has been making great chardonnay for about 60 years. They are easily the U.S.'s longest-lived chardonnays, lasting 20 years or more. I'm currently drinking some from the late '80s that are the equal of fine French white burgundies. Prices are a just a little more than $20, but well under some of the trendier labels. Stony Hill also makes incredible Alasatian-style riesling and gewurztraminer. If you're a chardonnay lover, a visit to Stony Hill is a "must" pilgrimage.

Level Contributor
34,739 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chardonnay lover Napa wineries?

Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen is a nice, casual venue in St. Helena. :)

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chardonnay lover Napa wineries?

Thank you:)

Napa
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chardonnay lover Napa wineries?

Hopper Creek, Goosecross and Jessup are in Yountville, they have good chards.

5. Re: Chardonnay lover Napa wineries?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, August 21, 2013