We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running Trail

Which Yountville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
101 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Running Trail

Can anyone recommed a running trail (not the main road) in Yountville?

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,318 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running Trail

You can run on the frontage roads along Hwy 29 south of Yountville. These don't get a lot of traffic

The one on the east side goes for a couple of miles. Right now the fields are filled with mustard and quite beautiful.

The frontage road on the west side goes all the way to Napa.

There's also the Yount Mill Road which takes you to Hwy 29 north of town. This is a route that's quite rural and popular with bicyclists.

I guess you could run out to the Silverado Trail on the Yountville Crossroad. I see people running out here but, for me, there's too much traffic.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
101 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running Trail

Thanks - we'll checkout the Yountmill road, we're looking for something more rural away from traffic so that should work.

Napa
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running Trail

Finnell Road is nice too.

Toronto
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Running Trail

Just curious if you ended up running in the area. I am a trail runner and will be there in a few weeks so would like to find some nice trails if possible.

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Running Trail

For trail running, check out Skyline Wilderness Park:

skylinepark.org/skylinesite/index.php…

Popular with runners, day hikers, mountain bikers and equestrians, this park has a lot to offer anyone who enjoys rugged wilderness.

There is a connector from Skyline Park to a section of the 500-mile SF Bay Trail which runs through JF Kennedy Park in Napa.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
101 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Running Trail

Yes, we did run but just woke up early and ran through Yountville out to the Silverado trail before traffic picked up. Very nice run!

7. Re: Running Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, June 17, 2013