We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?!?!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
101 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?!?!

My wife and I are planning part of our Honeymoon to Napa in April (4 nights), we've picked Yountville and have reservations at Bardessono but based on several recent reviews we're reconsidering but lost as to what/where would be better.

The trendy/chic feel of Bardessono is very appealing - anything comparable?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
36,334 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?!?!

I really like the Villagio Inn and Spa. It has a Tuscan feel to it, the grounds are dotted with fountains. The rooms are very comfortable, ours had a fireplace and spacous bathroom with granite countertops. The pool is very nice there and they also have a great spa that is just a little over a year old.

Enjoy the wine country! :)

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?!?!

Zeebs--not sure which reviews you're referring to, but Bardessono has 39 TripAdvisor reviews and the vast majority rate it as "excellent". I know that when guests pay high prices they tend to have even higher expectations (sometimes unreasonably so). I would certainly not let a few complaints dissuade you from staying at Bardessono if it otherwise seems like their amenities, style, and level of service are what you seek.

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?!?!

We stayed ar Bardessono for 3 nights in late September. Having stayed in Yountville on other occassions I would state that without a doubt it's the best place in town - however you pay for it. So if you're not put off by the price then don't be too worried by the other reviews.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
369 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?!?!

hi. We got married in Calistoga in July 2009. We spent four nights at the Auberge du Soleil in Rutherford. (very close to ST. Helena, Yountville,etc)

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!! It's very $$$$ but sometimes if you book enough in advance they can be the same price as Bardessono...There is no comparison between the two. We haven't stayed at Bardessono, but have walked it. I thinks it's got the cool vibe. The only thing is it seems very flat and close together...you can walk everywhere though, to the restaurants. If you want more details about the above place I would be happy to give them to you...and my pics. That is a once in a lifetime dream place!! ;)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
369 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?!?!

hi. I found my place on perfectescapes.com for $575 ... It's normally $800 plus...just thought I'd share...no matter what, you can't go wrong in the wine country being with your new life partner! ;)

Level Contributor
36,334 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?!?!

i was recently researching Bardessono and found a rate of $350 on a Sat. night in March through Expedia, sounds like a great rate for this property. There is a nice place that just opened in Yountville called Hotel Luca by the same owners as Auberge in Carmel, this looks another great one to check out and they have a restaurant there called Cantinetta Piero that I'm interested in trying. Anyone been there yet? :)

New York City
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay?!?!

Bardessono is by FAR THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN YOUNTVILLE! My husband and I were there over the summer and literally plan a trip back there everyday. We can't say enough positive things are the hotel. It's new, has a wonderful pool, great staff, amazing bathrooms, comfortable beds, and is within walking distance to all great restaurants.

Go to Bouchon Bakery for breakfast and French Laundry, Bouchon, Bottega, Ad Hoc, etc for dinner.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay?!?!

I just booked a 3 night stay at Hotel Luca for first weekend of April. I will try the restaurant Cantinetta Piero and get back to the forum with a review. There are 3 posted right now and are very positive. Its brand new (just opened in December) but my dealings with everyone on staff that I have spoken with have been top notch.

Napa
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay?!?!

Try the Poetry Inn!!

Napa
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay?!?!

Try the Poetry Inn!

Get answers to your questions about Yountville
Recent Conversations