We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yountville Villagio Inn v. Napa/Silverado Resort

Florida
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Yountville Villagio Inn v. Napa/Silverado Resort

Can anyone offer a comparison of the two? I've stayed at Silverado Resort and enjoyed the the feel of silverado resort as far as peaceful, laid back, semi-secluded on beautiful land yet everything at your fingertips, etc. I've been doing some research today and came across Villagio Inn in Yountville. It appears that it is located in a more of a "resort town/village" where there is walking to restaurants. Is this what it is like? A laid back place that is not commercialized with strip malls/wal-mart, etc.? I wouldn't mind trying something like this, but don't want to inadvertantley end up in a strip mall type place. Any feedback would be helpful on either or both Yountville and Villagio Inn. I think we still would want to do limo tours in Napa so are we too far out for that or would this be an enjoyable place to stay. I don't necessarily want to recreate or duplicate Silverado Resort, but like the feel and am up for a change this time...thanks

Level Contributor
35,943 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yountville Villagio Inn v. Napa/Silverado Resort

Hi, I have stayed at the Villagio and enjoyed it very much, I have a review with photos of our time there. It is a very nice property with a Tuscan-feel to it. The grounds are dotted with pretty fountains, the rooms are spacious, ours had a fireplace, there is granite on the countertops in bathrooms. The Villagio has a very nice pool area and they have recently completed a new spa there.

You will be right across the street from Ad Hoc and REDD, two very good restaurants. We also loved the Champagne Buffet Breakfast in the morning and loved walking into the candlelit lobby after dinner where we enjoyed listening to the piano player. The concierge gave us complimentary tasting passes to several wineries, be sure to ask for these. I would definitely stay here again. :)

Florida
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Yountville Villagio Inn v. Napa/Silverado Resort

syragirl,

thanks for your response. Is Villagio Inn only within walking distance of two restaurants or are there more clustered together? Can youtell me how to access your review and photos? Also, can you offer any feedback as far as Yountville being a resort town or commercialized strip mall type place. Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
281 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yountville Villagio Inn v. Napa/Silverado Resort

JessicaeKitchen - I stayed at the Villagio In Yountville and could not have been happier. My husband and I (mid 30s) felt welcomed the moment we walked into the Villagio. The entrance to the Inn is gorgeous and well scaped. The front desk attendant was filled with information and was extremely helpful, not to mention pleasant. The grounds were well kept and well landscaped and the room was a nice size with a working fireplace and clean and well stocked.

We loved the spa and the treatment we both had at the Villagio. The Spa was very clean and well maintained. We were able to use the facility even on the night we did not have a spa treatment. The staff was very professional.

The afternoon tea and morning breakfast were unexpected, but a nice surprise. Everything was delicious and tasty.

We felt like we were right in the middle of things staying in Yountville. Besides Redd & Ad Hoc, there are several other restaurants within walking distance like French Laundry, Bouchon & Bottega (I am from NY and a walker). We were able to walk to Hill Family & Jessup wineries in Yountville. Hope you enjoy your time in Napa. I can't wait to visit again.

Level Contributor
35,943 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yountville Villagio Inn v. Napa/Silverado Resort

We dined at Bottega on March 14 and loved this restaurant, you can walk to several places from the Villagio, Bistro Jeanty is also very, very good. To access any poster's reviews, just click on more about (poster's name) and you will see all reviews and photos contributed by that person. :)

5. Re: Yountville Villagio Inn v. Napa/Silverado Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 am, October 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Yountville