We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed with extended stay near Westminster, CA

Which Westminster hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed with extended stay near Westminster, CA

Hello,

My husband may be getting a temporary job in Westminster, California. I am very excited at the prospect of living in beautiful California, even if it is just temporarily (it could be weeks or months, up to a year; but could also be a fly in and out situation for a few days here and there). We are looking at both short term and long term options (i.e. condos, apartments, hotels (short-stay only), furnished places, etc)We don't want to be too far from Westminster, as my husband won't want to spend a heap of time commuting, but we would like to be in a nice area, with good restaurants, cafes, etc. It would also be nice to be near the beach. We don't have a lot of knowledge on the area, but just spent a few days in Santa Monica, which we loved. Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you so much!

4 replies to this topic
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed with extended stay near Westminster, CA

Thanks for posting in the correct forum but couldn't you provide the budget??

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
17,816 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed with extended stay near Westminster, CA

You may pay more to live in a beach city. You can always drive to the beach. There are several in the area.

Almost every city/town in Orange County has a nice area with cafes and restaurants. And once you are settled you can even go driving around and explore to find more in nearby towns.

Westminster is not bad, in my opinion. But you do have several choices that are not far away. I suggest you do some research and also possibly join City Data and post there.

Edited: 12:37 am, May 03, 2014
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
17,816 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed with extended stay near Westminster, CA

For a beach city, though, Huntington Beach would be very close.

Santa Monica is in Los Angeles County, far away.

Edited: 12:52 am, May 03, 2014
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,908 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed with extended stay near Westminster, CA

See my answer in your other topic. In case you didn't know, Westminster is heavily Vietnamese so depending on where you would look in the city, the majority of the restaurants could be Vietnamese, some of the best in the country mind you, but maybe not the most diversity.

Reply to: Help needed with extended stay near Westminster, CA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Westminster